Monday, July 2, 2012

Quick Update

I'm alive.. and well :) No more trips to emergency, so that's always a good sign, ha!

Right, I'll be quick, spare time is rare these days!

I've gotten into the habit now of setting aside a few hours on Sunday to cook and prepare meals for the week ahead. It makes our week go a lot smoother and easier. It's nice to have more time after work to be with our boys rather than being stuck in the kitchen making dinner.

I'm especially pleased with this week's prepared meals, I think my boys are going to be very happy (the big boy included :P)

A glass of wine while cooking, makes for a fun time :P



While I was busy pottering in the kitchen, Sam bought me some 'flowers' from the backyard.. that we put in a special vase :) He's so precious.


Yes, clearly we have big weeds in the back yard.. no surprise there!


Right. Meal #1. Beef & Vegetable Casserole. Way too easy to prepare. Recipe here on the Woolworths site: Beef & Vegie Casserole

I'm really enjoying the recipes on the Woolies site.. so easy but lots of simple to prepare and yummy meals.

(Note Marley on the couch looking longingly at the kitchen :P)


Meal #2. One Pot Fish & Risoni Stew. For such a delicious meal, it's so easy and quick to make. Drool. One Pot Fish Risoni Stew


Meal #3: Pumpkin and Ricotta Lasagne. This is probably the easiest Lasagne I've ever made. Very quick process to prepare each section and it comes together beautifully. Pumpkin and Ricotta lasagne


All meals are frozen until the night before, when I just defrost and have ready to heat up when we get home work. The only thing I have to do is steam some fresh green veggies to accompany the dish and we are set!

One last recipe.. that I prepared fresh after work today: Udon Noodle and Chicken Stirfry The sauce in this dish was spectacular. Didn't take me long at all to prep this meal, cooking didn't take long at all, and it turned out perfectly. Great, easy, after work meal!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My big boy. Jacob decided after sharing a room with Sam and seeing him in his bed without rails.. that he wanted the same :) He was pretty excited as we changed his cot to a toddler bed. Soon we will have to buy Jacob a new big boy bed and we'll say goodbye to the cot ... wow.. my boys are growing fast! Love them :X


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And finally, just because it seems I like torturing myself :P The girls at work and I have decided to bite the bullet and join in the 'DRY JULY' fundraiser which raises money for adults dealing with cancer. So yeah, no alcohol for July. Check out our page to see our progress! https://www.dryjuly.com/team/gogirls

That's all my friends, I'm heading to bed for an early night xx

1 comments:

izzie said...

YUM. Question, do you bake before you freeze or after?? And are you using pumpkin pumpkin or that butternut squash? Excited to try this!