Friday, May 11, 2012

How I roll

This is how I roll ... I work hard, I play hard (actually, it's more working hard, but I do manage to fit in some play here and there)... I do this over and over until I get run down and get sick. No one can say I don't live life to the full! ha!

So I got to work yesterday, feeling rather exhausted after crazy busy weeks at work, ending with the big event.. and my body said "That's enough Tracey, time to rest". So instead of sleeping, coughing and sneezing at my desk, I went home.

With full intentions of going to work today, I woke up, and knew straight away my body wasn't going to give in that easy .. so I dropped the boys off to daycare, came home, crawled into bed and stayed there till midday. Just what I needed. :)


This time next week, I'll be in America. AMERICA. I will be on the other side of the world. I feel like I need to pinch myself all the time to remind myself it's not a dream.

Speaking of dreams, I had a dream last night that I was already there. I was with Izzie and Betsi, and Lewy was there for some reason (maybe snuck over in my suitcase?!).. and everyone around us was Australian and English! I was so disappointed! I kept saying "I thought there would be more Americans living here, can't I meet some Americans?" haha! Oh and Lewy was getting in a car to drive somewhere and I was saying "Lewy you can't, you'll crash, you don't know how to drive on the other side of the car" hehe. Funny things we dream about. :P

Izzie, can I drive your car? :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forgot to mention the other day, that someone I know through my work.. we got chatting awhile ago and the conversation turned to books and Christianity (don't ask how, it just ended up that way!). Anyway, turns out his wife, a Christian, has written a book and is in the process of writing her second one. At the event on Wednesday, they were guests at the function and had a bought a personally signed copy for me of her book! I was honoured. I plan on reading this on the plane... should have plenty of time to get through it!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've absolutely loved the handmade Mothers Day gifts I've received from my boys ...

Jacob's 'hand' flower, complete with little flower pot. He seriously is the cutest flower I've ever seen!


On Tuesday this week, I was able to leave work early to go Sam's school for the Mothers Day Party. Oh .. bless... it was gorgeous!


Guys... I almost cried when I saw this picture below. It made me so happy. :D We do this a lot.. it's my 'go to' thing, if one of my boys is feeling out of sorts or needing some attention.. we head to the couch for some quality time. I'm so happy that it obviously is special to Sam as well :)


The kids started out by singing to us. Sam kept looking at me smiling, I was so proud of him :) He is sitting right up the back against the wall,  in the middle.....


Then Sam sat me down and gave me my special present, which was a card, key ring and flowers ...


and my favourite of all, a Free Hug Card.. I've been using it almost constantly since and Sam loves it.. I will never get tired of those hugs!


We also got a specially made cupcake.. T for Tracey. Sam then made me a cup of coffee (with supervision of course!), he was the total gentleman and spoilt me rotten :X


I feel so loved :)

2 comments:

izzie said...

hahaha, love the Mother's day goodies from Sam! And yes, of course you can drive my car, we live in the middle of nowhere! Maybe not in Denver...:)

Claire said...

Oh I love your Mother's Day pressies from your boys!! Soooo precious, bless! (I can't wait for hand-made pressies!!).

Get well soon... AMERICA soon, you have to be all better by then ;-)