Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shopping

I knocked out a 4 hour shopping spree yesterday... also known as 'America Preparation Day' :P

Hair done, eyebrows contained.... heels for New York, beautiful earrings, summer clothes (all on sale woohoo!)... it was a success.  Oh except for one thing....

I got my hair cut at the beginning of my shopping spree. There was an older lady who was my hairdresser, and bless her... she tried her best. The cut was great, no problems there.. but she realised that my hair at the back is a bit wavy... although you'd never know as I don't like curly hair (ON ME, I MEAN!) so the waves never get to see the light of day.

So anyway, she says "I'm just going to try something". And proceeds to scrunch my hair, add 'sea salt' produce in it (which apparently makes your hair look like you've just come from the beach) and blow dry it in it. Ummm. I don't know about you, but hair that has been at the beach .... NOT a good look! So I left the place looking like a crazed poodle and to make it worse that produce meant I couldn't fix it!

I sincerely hope that no one I knew saw me.... not a good look to be sporting!



I lost count as to how many people I managed to talk to about my America holiday at the shops  :/ Couldn't help it... kept slipping out :)

And well... I also got some new bras... so basically I am ready to go now :P

Don't worry - the moment I got home, I coloured my hair and washed the heck out of my hair to get rid of the 'sea salt' ... blow dryed it straight and back to normal .. phew! (My new earrings.. I'm in love!)




Lewy and I enjoyed a night out at dinner. We tried a new restaurant in Osborne Park (Siderno, Italian).



My meal was UNBELIEVABLE. Oh boy, heaven on a plate I swear! Garlic mash, topped with delicious salmon and prawns and onion on top... complete with a heavenly creamy sauce.With a side of rocket salad and parmesan cheese.  Drool!


Unfortunately, Lewy's meal wasn't so great (actually quite bad!), so I doubt we will visit this restaurant again. But I leave with the wonderful memories of my dinner :P


Meanwhile, the boys had a ball at their sleep over! We have all been reunited today and enjoying a quiet Sunday. Perfection.

Happy Days!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Well done on the successful shopping spree!! I giggled about your sea-salted hair!!!

Thanks GOODNESS you got new bras. I can sleep easy tonight now!

izzie said...

Success!! Yay!! I pretty much talk about your America trip all the time too, it's getting around:)