Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Stress

Oh my. Today was crazy stressful. I can't count the amount of times I sat at my desk with my head in my hands!

I've been organising a big event for work (that is due to happen next week), with some very important people attending. This event is a very big deal.

So 5 minutes before I am due to finish work today.. I get a phone call from the PA of the VIP that is attending. I won't bore you with the details but they messed up and put our plans right out the window. TIME TO STRESS.

I'm driving home, and call my boss who had been out of the office, to update him. So I'm driving, talking 100 miles a minute, angry that all our good plans had been upended in such a massive way and turning the event into a train wreck.

Lewy calls me.. my voice is still shaking and I'm still angry and stressed. He says "wine?"... my man knows me well! Oh yes. Wine will calm the stress.



Fast forward to when I am back at home after picking up my boys, and I sms my boss to see if he had more luck with said PA than I did and he puts my mind at ease.. assuring me that he knows I did all I could (phew), and we will sort this out no matter what. There are options and it will all be fine.

"It's not what happens.. it's how we deal with them" my boss says. He's a good boss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To take my mind off work.. I had this question thingy forwarded to me.. so I'll answer them here :)


1. Where is your favorite place to eat?
Stewarts Restaurant at Brookleigh in the Swan Valley. It is perfection!

2. If you had a day off from your normal daily responsibilities, what would you do?
Sleep in, read, go somewhere beautiful to take photos, have a long lunch with my girl friends, get a manicure and pedicure, go out for dinner with Lewy and then come home, put on a DVD and have a glass of red :)

3. What is your favorite city?
Melbourne, but that could change very soon once I visit America :) 

4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
To teleport. I'd travel the world very quickly :)

5. Would you rather be in a room with 50 wasps or 50 snakes?
50 snakes for sure

6. What is your favorite chore?
Dishes, I know .. I'm weird but I love doing the dishes. 

7. What is your least favorite chore?
Probably folding the washing and putting it away.

8. If you could have 30 extra minutes a day to do anything you want, how would you spend that time?
I'd sit all alone and pray. 

9. Celebrity you wish you looked like?
That's a hard one. I don't really wish I looked like anyone else. I am who I am! 

10. Movie that makes you cry every time?
Titanic. Without fail. 

11. When is the last time you had a really good laugh?
At work yesterday. The girls I work with make me laugh a lot :)

12. If you could go back to school and major in something different what would it be?
I would study so that I could become a missionary. 

13. What is your go to outfit when you want to look good, and you're in a hurry?
Black pants/jeans and a nice top, finished with some flashy earrings. 

14. If you could only watch one tv show over and over, what show would you pick?
How I Met Your Mother or 7th Heaven hehe

15. What's your favorite book, or the first that came to mind?
Obvious answer. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons. 

16. Would you rather be tired for the rest of your life or hungry?
Hungry.

17. Who is someone you admire and would like to emulate?
Anyone who has a strong faith, follows God with all their heart, is kind and gentle. 

18. If you had to leave your home forever and could only take a few "valuables" what would you take?
Apart from the obvious - being my children and husband, dog and cat - I would take all our photos. Everything else can be replaced. 

If you have time guys, please copy the questions and let me know your answers!

Tomorrow is a new day!

1 comments:

Claire said...

GAH! A very stressful day, I hope today was better??

It sounds like you've managed to get yourself another rare gem of a boss ;-)