Saturday, May 12, 2012

Shade and Light

I'm happy about two things.

1. This amazing weather.
2. The fact that I can capture this amazing day with a good camera.

We took a trip to Whiteman Park and I was extra aware of the contrast of shade and light in some of the photos I took.


I feel like my true self when I have a camera in my hands, and I can look at the world through the lens. Everything is beautiful, everything has potential, potential beauty, unique, artistic... through the lens, the world is amazing. Maybe that's why I love being behind the camera so much. It makes me feel positive and happy.

$5 K-Mart shoes.. on special ... breaking them in. Love!

I also feel that no matter what is happening around me, when I'm looking through the camera .. it's just me.. all alone, every other distraction is zoned out and I focus only on the beauty and potential I see through the lens.








Beautiful creatures..


Pit stop for drinks and ice-cream.



I love this photo below. It might not be the most interesting of subjects, however the rest of the leaves and branches were all dark under shadows except for this one lone branch with honkey nuts... with the sun shining just at the right angle to showcase it ...



1 comments:

Claire said...

I'm also very happy when you have a camera in your hands!! I love looking at your gorgeous photography, and have missed it!xx