Friday, May 4, 2012

I survived

What a week!

I was very pleased when 4pm rolled around today. Although what began as a very stressful week, with major headaches... turned out not so bad. Surprise, surprise :P

Our event happening next Wednesday, is set to go ahead and with luck there will be no more major catastrophes!

Thanks to Dad lending me his camera again, I'm going to be taking the photos for the event. And guess what? Due to my crazy passion with photography, my work has decided to invest in a good camera (that I get to choose, woohoo!) for me to take their official photos for our marketing and events in the future.

Oh oh and more good news! They are using my photo below on the For Sale Signs out the front of the retirement villages etc... I'm feeling quietly proud!


Tomorrow, is now known as 'America Preparation Day'... my boys are very lucky to have a little sleep over at their friends house.. so I'm making the most of some free time to get to the shops, and tackle once and for all the final things left on the To Do List. It's going to be a productive, satisfying day as I'll be getting the suitcase out and start to fill it with all the things that will be flying across the world to a whole new place :) Vegemite.. check. Tim Tams.. check. New summer clothes that I'll struggle to find seen as all our shops are filled with winter clothes... maybe check. :P

I'm slowing filling my Kindle with books to read on the plane. I'll also have my Bible and my notebook and pen. My (really, Dad's) camera.. which will be working overtime with cloud shots, random feet shots as I get crazy  bored and decide to look at my shoes. Or maybe other passengers shoes.

But overall... guys... I'll be BY MYSELF on the plane. Time to think. Time to breathe. It will be bliss. Even if I have to pace the aisle, smiling at the passengers as I pass them 1000 times (no doubt telling every single passenger that I'm on my way to meet my long time friends and telling them my whole life story) ... it will just be me. I haven't JUST BEEN ME, in years... YEARS! I will treasure this time. Even though I'll miss my family terribly... I hereby promise that I will enjoy every moment of this amazing, surreal trip I'm about to embark on.

My heart almost can't stand the excitement :) Not long!

1 comments:

Claire said...

So glad all is sorted out with the event for work and the stress has left the building!

I can't believe how close your trip is now - how exciting!!