Saturday, June 16, 2012

Busy Busy!

Man... what a week. My life is a blur of 'busy'. We have renovations happening again in our home.. big ones. Painting throughout, new furniture, new flooring... it's all happening. Of course.. that means chaos. Good chaos :)

And guys.. I have good news. Big news actually. If life was busy before, it's about to get busier. I got a promotion at work! I'm nervous but very excited. It's a wonderful career move for me. For those who know me well, know that I don't work just for the money. It means a lot to me to keep progressing and climbing the ladder. I find a lot of fulfilment and satisfaction from doing well in my working life.

So the day I got back from holidays, my boss told me about a new role being offered and asked if I would like to go for it. Of course, I said a big 'yes'! This week I found out that the job is mine! I'll be wearing two hats in my new role: Retirement Village Manager for 3 days per week and Special Projects Officer for the remaining 2 days. I will also be Relief Retirement Village Manager for our other sites when the Managers go on Annual Leave.

The new role will be a challenge, but .. worth it. :P

So tonight.. Lewy and I heading out for my birthday dinner as well as to celebrate my new job.  Chesters Restaurant in the Swan Valley here we come!

Till next time xx

1 comments:

Claire said...

Oh wow, this is fantastic news! Huge congratulations on the promotion! Well done! I hope you enjoyed dinner at your fave restaurant :-)