Saturday, February 25, 2012

Alone

I found myself in a very very rare position today... rare but blissful! Lewy was at work, and while Jacob was napping this morning, Sharon took Sam out to get his hair cut (it looks pretty darn cute by the way!). Precious alone time!


So after I did some cleaning (naturally) I made a cuppa and sat outside in the beautiful warm breeze and read.


I've been making an extra special effort lately to catch a few moments to myself.. and I'm all the better for it. Even it means waking up at 5am, just so I can have my breakfast and coffee in peace :)  It's worth it.


THEN..... the day got better. Crystal and Toby came over to pick up my boys to take them to the beach (lucky things right!), and I was ALL ALONE. Alone. By myself. Nice! After a trip to the shops to buy stuff, I came back and sat in the silence, read a book and soaked up the bliss.

Chatting with the neighbours


The dreaded day has arrived :( Crystal is leaving the daycare. :( She and Toby are moving away up North. All good things must come to an end... it's just so sad that it's coming to an end so soon! Sam doesn't know yet, and he is going to be devastated saying goodbye to his favourite girl. One positive is that they will be on a rotation and coming back to Perth every 3rd week so at least they will have a reunion every few weeks :)

I think the blog needs a bit of an overhaul. A change. A new direction. Hmmmm. Will add that to the To Do List :P

2 comments:

izzie said...

Alone time is PRICELESS! It makes you enjoy family time so much more:) Glad you are getting some!!

Claire said...

Well here I am back on your blog for the first time in about 2 weeks! Shocking follower!

I like the new look you were talking about making in this post ;-)

Noooooo re Crystal leaving the daycare :-(