Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Party

Oh boy - what a great party! I think (I hope!) the hours spent buying decorations online, planning and prepping were all worth it! Of course... with all kids parties, it's a buzz of activity and rushing around but seeing the kids enjoying themselves was the icing on the cake!


Welcome to the Carnival! All decorations, down to the popcorn bags were ordered online. Such convenience! So pleased with how it all came together.


Sam was given a Spiderman outfit by Kirsty and Emily. It took all of 1 second for Sam to strip down to put his costume. Way too cute! Jacob stood and stared at him, not quite sure what to make of it.


The cupcakes were made so kindly by one of my work colleagues.. and these were no ordinary cupcakes. They had chocolate eggs in the centre, which had melted slightly but created a chewy, melty goodness after each bite. Again the cupcake sticks and wrappers... all online!


I hired a lovely lady, Nicola, to come and do face painting for the kids (and some adults!). She was fantastic. So great with kids, not to mention a wonderful artist. So quick but created gorgeous designs and I think the kids were pretty stoked with their new looks.






The spread.


I think it is safe to say, Jacob partied hard. Cake. He was covered in it :P Love this kid!


The famous Crystal, who takes care of my boys at daycare, with her boyfriend Toby. Sam was basically walking on air having his favourite girl at his party. :P His first crush.. not hard to see why, she's a beauty!


Jacob only stopped once during the party, and that was to get his face painted. What a champ!



Pass-The-Parcel. Always a hit with the kids.


Aunty Sindy and Jacob. My sister Sindy.. such a laugh, jumped straight in to enjoy the festivities!


Cousins.




Oh and last but not least.. the cake! Another birthday, another tradition of decorating the cake with my mother in law. Always fun, always a pleasure :)

Sam got some gorgeous presents, had a great time playing with his friends and barely stopped to eat and drink as he was having so much fun.

4 years old, I can't believe my little one is 4 already! Sam and I are now going to watch cartoons and chill out after a big special morning. Today was everything I hoped it would be .. now to relax!

Happy Birthday my lovely Sam, I love you so much :X.

3 comments:

Claire said...

WOW! WOW WOW WOW!! It all looks soooo amazing!!! Oh I bet you were just wrapt with how it all came together, what a fantastic party :-D How artistic was your face-painter?! Beautiful designs! I'm so glad Sam (and Jacob) had a fantastic time.

Happy 4th Birthday Sam! xxxxx

Aaron and Izzie said...

Great job mom!! What a fun party:) Everything looks delicious! Love the face painting and decor!!

Val said...

It really was a great party and sooo much planning and organising had gone into it Trace...well done!! xox