Friday, February 10, 2012

Friendship

Like my new skirt? I had a bit of a shopping spree last night before meeting up with Lisa for dinner... and by shopping spree, I mean I went to K-Mart and spent a ridiculously low amount of money on lots of stuff. Gotto love K-Mart. or K-Mart Boutique as the girls at work and I like to call it now. :P



So. Dinner. I love going out to dinner with my friends. Lisa and I went to Chatters.. where after complaining the other day about the lack of vegetarian choices, I went ahead and ordered the same thing I always get at Chatters :P It's having an OPTION that's important! We had a lovely meal and a great chat.


And after dinner, we found ourselves at 8.30pm with some extra time up our sleeve. So we decided to really go nuts and head to the Dome for dessert and hot chocolate. CREAM OVERLOAD! The waiter was so nice and helpful that we ended up ordering some crazy sweet Vienna hot chocolate. Delicious, yes.... but... peer pressure... to take harmful chocolate.. that will lead to sugar overdose. Kids, don't be tempted - it's not worth the stomach ache. :P


You know what I love about Lisa? You can be totally yourself all the time with her. Over the years we've known each (and it's been a lot of years!), she has seen me happy, sad, depressed, drunk, crazy (due to the drunkness.. years ago obviously, I'm way too mature now :P), hysterically laughing, crying, annoyed, mad, frustrated, silly, in love, heartbroken.. she's seen it all. And guess what?! She's still my friend! That's special right there :X

I was thinking about all of this after I got home from dinner, and thinking about how precious friendships are. I don't have a massive group of friends. I'm more for quality than quantity. I can count my close dear friends on one hand. (You know who you are :) Some are in WA, some are over east, some are in Colorado, some I admire and care about even if they don't know it. They all have one thing in common. They are KIND and I love them all :)

Building on my already close friendships is an important theme for me this year.

Speaking of precious friends, I received a wonderful surprise in the post today from Val - she had sent me a seafood cook book. Thoughtful. That's Val all over.

How did I get so lucky to have all these wonderful people in my life?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Quiche...

I found this recipe today at work (I was on a lunch break, okay?!).. looks delish right?! Here is the recipe: http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/food/8250183/smoked-salmon-and-asparagus-quiche It's on my list of dishes to try.

I love this...


This is so true and so lovely....

I'm outta here... to watch Bride Wars that I taped last night.

Peace.Out.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Aaawww Thanks hun!!! You say the sweetest things. :) I think that i am soo lucky to have you as a friend!!! You mean so much to me. xxx

Claire said...

Ah, lovely post! We used to go to Chatters a lot... at Morley!!

You are so lucky to have wonderful friends in your life, because you are wonderful yourself. That's how it works :-D Love you Trace! xx