Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Updates..

Hello hello!

Updates? Not much, but I do have a soft spot for this blog, so I find myself drawn to it to write random, mundane things just to keep the relationship alive :P

We've had another bout of sickness in our little household. The joys of daycare/school/children in general! The positive? (There is always a positive:P) My boys are building up a good immune system!


It looks like everyone is on the mend again and all feeling much better this afternoon, so we decided to go out for a quick dinner. Okay, I will admit it.... I had finally just got the house cleaned and kinda wanted the kitchen to stay clean for longer than 5 seconds :P... so we went to Jimmy Deans in Midland. Cool place right?! The boys certainly thought so! There were statues of The Blues Brothers, complete with a model of the Police Car they drove... and Sam, the generous young man, kept offering his food to the statues :P


You know... I would love love love to find a place to eat out where they don't serve kids meals with chips and nuggets, or fried fish or other fried unhealthy options. If only they could provide a lovely kids meal of vegetables and some roast chicken/beef and potatoes. A nice wholesome meal.  For that matter, I'd love to find a place to eat out where they offer more than 1 or 2 vegetarian dishes. If you know of this mythical place in Perth... please let me know!

Rant Over :)


Sam's Birthday... planning is almost complete! Tonight I ordered the final items needed.. the very important Party Bags filled with some fun stuff for the kids. I'm beyond excited for this party. Looking forward to the kids all enjoying a special morning of games and activities. It's been a big year for us all last year etc, and with the new changes this year.. so I'm kinda feeling like this party is our way to celebrate Sam and my boys and our friends and family.. Woah! so much pressure for a party :) Not really :P It's going to be a lovely day and I can't wait. Neither can Sam actually - he has been inviting anyone and everyone to his party! ha!

So TRUE!

Oh, oh America! Iz and I are now starting to organise the final plans (New York etc) and meeting up with our friend Tara. Soon I'll do a post dedicated to my time at Youth With A Mission (YWAM) which is where I met Izzie and Tara over 10 years ago.. complete with photos (and I've got plenty!). It's still a bit surreal that come May I'll be in America! Can.not.wait.

Ah, it's 9.36pm. I need to be asleep. Sweet dreams my friends,

1 comments:

Claire said...

Not good on more sickness, but I've heard its an "occupational hazard" of having kiddies in daycare/school!!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing all the photo of Sam's party!