Monday, February 6, 2012

First Day of School

What a weekend! There were great parts, and not so great parts.

One of the great parts, was an impromptu catch up with Lisa and Isaac at McDonalds.. the perfect location for us to have a coffee and chat while the kids played.



I spent time looking through cookbooks, scouring the pages for new ideas and delish, fun recipes for my family to enjoy.


and generally just hung out with my boys...




and Marley ... :P




The not so great part of our weekend, was poor Jacob coming down with a viral infection. The little trooper is on the mend and recovering well.


The night before the big day! This might be a shock to you all, but I do like to be organised :P Complete with new bag, lunch box and drink bottle.... and his smashing little uniform :) 


The boys....


Seriously. I mean, seriously! Is this picture of Sam CUTE OR WHAT?!


Sam was ready way early and couldn't contain his excitement to FINALLY get to 'big boy school'. Could not wipe the grin off his gorgeous face.

The time finally arrived to leave, and we drove the long 1.5 minutes it's takes to get to his new school :P where we met his teacher Mrs Austin, and the teacher's Aide Mrs Lewis. I loved them both the moment we met and so did Sam. He enjoyed telling Mrs Lewis that she had the same name as his Daddy :)

Big choices to be made..it's important stuff. Choosing the colour scheme for his pigeon hole and folders etc. Like a pro, Sam was decisive and efficient in his first task of the day :P


Puzzle play with kids and parents, before we were shipped out of the room so they could start class.


Getting his school picture taken by Mrs Lewis. Be still my heart.


When it was time to leave, the last glimpse I had of Sam was sitting crossed-legged on the mat, listening to the teacher talking. It made me smile :) I cannot believe we are at this stage already. My little Sam... my baby! I'm so proud... :)

The rest of the day turned pretty nuts. I had to get Jacob into the doctors and trying to juggle his nap (which he desperately needed in his unwell state) and making sure I was still available to pick up Sam.. well it got a bit messy. Thankfully my angel Father in Law came to the rescue and stayed with Jacob while he napped so I could go pick up Sam. Then he watched Sam while I took Jacob to the doctors when he woke up.

Phew! All good. Jacob doing fine and we survived the day. We even managed to get Sam a celebratory ice-cream in between all the rushing around, for his successful first day of school.

After all that... I wanted this....:P


Peace Out. (Okay, I cannot say that seriously .... has anyone seen Napoleon Dynamite where the brother is dressed up in all his bling and says "Peace Out"? ... well every time I hear that phrase now I think of that.. cracks.me.up). :P 

Disregard that last paragraph if you haven't seen the movie. And if you haven't seen the movie, then get off the computer and go hire it out. And if you have seen it and you don't like it... well then, I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. 

I'm serious.

Not really :) I accept you still, bad taste in movies and all :P

Peace Out. 


1 comments:

Claire said...

Awwww Sam!!! He looks so gorgeous in his uniform, all ready for big boy school! Bless his heart.

I don't believe I've seen Napoleon Dynamite... oops!