Wednesday, February 1, 2012

La La Lala Life Goes On...

30 Days Without... finished! I'm so proud of you all! I love that you guys joined in and supported the cause, it made my heart happy :D You are all superstars!

Soon I'll be sending in the total donation amount to beyondblue and will be sure to let you all know how we did.

I cannot tell you how much I was hanging out to have a coffee over the 30 Days.....if I wasn't the organiser of this event, I totally would have cheated days ago! ha! (It's true, I missed my coffee BAD!:p)

Last night, Val and I went out for dinner (more on that soon)... and the gorgeous lady bought me a jar of my favourite coffee, all ready to indulge in when the 30 days were officially over.


Oh bliss! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face while I sipped on this delicious coffee.. THAT's how much I missed it!

So back to my dinner out last night with Val. We went to a new place (to me) called The Principal in Midland. Oh the food was gorgeous! Very impressed! We talked for almost 1 hour before we even ordered our meal.. we had a lot of catching up to do :P Val & I sat in the beer garden and enjoyed the warm-with-a--slight-breeze weather while we (meaning I) sipped on a glass of red..and dug into our beautiful meals. Time went way too quickly (as it always does when you are with someone you love :P) but I think we managed to catch up on all the news and events of our current life :) Fantastic evening :)



After my high from having my first coffee... it quickly turned into a low, when on the way back to work (in the work car!) after an outing to buy some goodies for the function on Friday, I was pulled over FOR SPEEDING. Don't judge... :P In my defence, I actually never speed (on purpose), but on a common main road, when you would assume it was 60kms/hr, the police like to add little road rules just to keep you on your toes, and advise that the MAIN road was actually 50kms/hr. Ridiculous. As if anyone would actually DO 50kms/hr along that busy road... but anyway, that's not the point. :P

The policeman, bless his annoying heart, was being so nice about the whole thing... while I was feeling quite grumpy! I bit my tongue however and graciously accepted my fate of receiving a fine of $150 and a loss of 2 demerits. Might I add here, that I have never in my 14 years of driving, received so much as a warning! So *sigh* my clean slate is no longer :(

Upon my return to work to announce my sad news, I was welcomed with a "You are now officially a member of our group!" as apparently the fact the I had never received a ticket before was very unusual! (I should have taken the opportunity to ask work to pay the 'club' joining fee for me to the price of $150 :P)...

So... I pick my boys up from daycare that afternoon, and I think to myself "Sam will get a kick out of my story of the policeman pulling me over" (before you have a heart attack thinking 'bad parent' encouraging speeding, I was totally using my experience as a lesson for why you shouldn't speed (even if not on purpose!) :P. Anyway.. this is how the conversation went, it was not as I thought and all I can say is bless Sam for his gorgeous caring nature:

Me: Sam, you won't believe what happened to Mummy today.
Sam: (very intrigued) what happened??!
Me: Mummy was a bit naughty and the policeman pulled me over while I was driving and told me off for driving too fast.
Sam: (VERY concerned) Did the policeman hurt you Mummy?
Me: (worrying that my child is going to be traumatised) Oh no, not at all! The policeman definitely didn't hurt Mummy, he just told me off for driving too fast.
Sam: Are you sure you are okay?
Mummy: (heart melting) Mummy is absolutely okay.
Sam: Did he smack you? Did he yell at you?
Mummy: No! He was very nice and just told me kindly to be more careful.
Sam: Oh. Do you love him?
Mummy: (me thinking - YEAH RIGHT!) The policeman was very kind to Mummy.
Sam: (while we are driving home) You are driving slow now.
Mummy: Yes, I certainly am, and Mummy is going to be driving very slowly all the time now.

La la lala Life Goes on .... :P

I have to share this video clip, which is quite true of us lot here in Perth.. well I know I've said a lot of the sayings! (Thanks for the link Jo!)


Sam starts school on Monday. "Big boy school". I can't believe it. My little boy...*sob sob* he is growing so fast... I'm so happy that I've been able to get the day off work to take Sam to school and enjoy such a big 'first' with him.

I've got some thoughts running around my head about the next little Project to take on. Please be advised that in no way will chocolate or coffee be harmed in the making of this next project. :P I also think it gets a bit much to organise projects that always require people to part with money.. goodness knows, we all need it ourselves in this economy!.. so I have some ideas in the pipeline that won't be hard on the pocket but good on the soul :) Watch this space :)

As a side note: I'll probably be easing off Facebook now that the 30 Days Without Project is finished.. but as always, I'll be on this blog keeping you up to date with our little family's life whether you like it or not :P

1 comments:

Claire said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your first coffee... I certainly enjoyed my first taste of chocolate!!

Boooo on the speeding fine :-( Sam is so funny! Haha!

That clip about things Perth people say, SO FUNNY!! SOOOO TRUE!!! Hahaha!