Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Lounge Room

Hello, hello!

I'm updating the blog on my lunch break... it's nice to have a friendly familiar place to come to for a break today... I've officially started my new role at work and really really enjoying it. Unfortunately though, because I seem to make a pretty good emotional punching bag for people who are in bad moods, I'm copping the brunt of an unhappy person this week at work. Ick. It's not fun.

But... after a very upsetting day yesterday, I couldn't get to daycare quick enough to get some major hugs from my boys to cheer me up. And they really did cheer me up. I reminded myself that I can't be responsible for someone else's bad mood, but I CAN choose to go home, shut the door and enjoy being my family.. and I did just that.


It also didn't hurt, that Lewy (without me knowing), went to Ikea to pick up our new couch that we had chosen on the weekend :) Yay!

Our old couch:



Our New Couch! I LOVE IT! It is bigger than our old one, and really fits in with the room so much better due to the darker colour.


Being an Ikea product, we had to put it together ourselves.. the boys watched cartoons while Lewy and I took quite some time going through the instructions. But we did it and we love it!

Some more changes are happening in the family room and front lounge room, I'll be excited to update you guys when our furniture is ready and we finish the rooms off.


And finally, when you are worried about how your day is going to go.. the best thing to do is call your Mum on your way to work :P (Sorry for waking you up Mum!). I might be 33 years old, but never too old for a bit of TLC and a pep talk on handling difficult people, from my parents! Love them :X

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

0 comments: