Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 66

Last night I had some time up my sleeve... kids in bed early, Lewy settled in for the night to watch TV and chill out, so with my camera in hand, I headed out for a drive through the Swan Valley. 

It's amazing how one simple act of just being able to get in the car and go somewhere by myself, can make me so happy! No buckling kids in, no making sure I have nappies and milk and toys and change of clothes for the kids just in case, and the best part - the peace and quiet!..... bliss! I drove along West Swan Road and took a right onto a random road... and ended up pulling over here..
This dude kept an eye on me the whole time while I sat on the boot of my car... enjoying the scenery and taking photos. 
And here it is... the view I was chasing. Beautiful. I sat for ages, in the warm breeze, on my car, listening to the cows mooing at each other... I kept thinking I should go now, but it took ages for me to move. I enjoyed the moment. 
To finish off the night.. I swung past McDonalds Drive-through for a caramel sundae :) It was yum and I felt so refreshed after my 1 hour adventure. 

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Great pics lovely!! I felt terrible cancelling on you!! Glad you got out and took some lovely photos and had some "free" mummy time!! Love the sky pic!! xox

Aaron and Izzie said...

Oh I love it, I need to do that more often!!!!! Maybe tonight!!!

Claire said...

Gorgeous photos Trace. I felt positively relaxed reading your post, and I have also realised I need to have more "me" time. Actually some "me" time full stop would be a start!!

Pam said...

Lovely photos