Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 69

This morning I cleaned and vacuumed out the car, tidied and swept the patio, did all the washing, vacuumed the house, went to the shops with my boys, came home and prepped dinner, tidied the house and did the breakfast dishes. You might think this is 'all in a days work'... but this effort was particularly productive because I did it all BEFORE 9AM!

Which left the rest of the day to do nothing but hang out with my boys... :) 

The boys.. of course.. loved getting dirty outside while we cleaned the car and patio.... 


























We spent a lot of time reading books and playing with toys...






















Recently, my wonderful mother in law Sharon and her partner, went to England so Sharon could visit her family ... she bought me back a Harrods teaspoon and a gorgeous little plate from Bath..... I have these both ready for when I want to feel a little more 'classy' when I'm having a cup of tea :) (I need all the help I can get.. classy doesn't come naturally! ha!)


While I had a cup of my 'classy' tea.. Sam and Jacob played outside in our freshly tidied patio.....






















Note the dirty knee caps... best way for little boys to be - dirty and having fun outside :)


Today, Jacob stood up by himself for about 10 seconds! He isn't even 8 months old yet - I think we have an early walker on our hands! 

By late-morning, Sam was going a bit stir-crazy.. so we jumped in the car and went for a drive to settle the boys down before nap & Sam's 'quiet time'. We drove around Bassendean.. and came across this couch someone had put beside the bus stop....LOVE IT! 























Brotherly love.. Sam and Jacob holding hands on our 'road trip'..

























We also stopped to have a look at this Excavator on a street near ours... Sam was very excited to check this machine out. 






















The reason he was so excited is because this morning we were reading one of his truck books which goes into a good detail about excavators, rollers, graders and dump trucks. So I was getting right into explaining how they all worked and what their 'job' was etc (keep in mind I was learning all of this for the first time too!!).  Sam stopped and looked at me with a very serious look on his face, I thought he was going to continue our in-depth conversation about these trucks and he said..........."Can we read the book about horses?" :) 

Lewy and I sat outside at the end of the day.. he enjoyed a beer and I enjoyed this sparkling wine... :) 

Happy weekend everyone!!

5 comments:

Pam said...

I love reading about the things Sam says, very cute.

Aaron and Izzie said...

Wow what TIME do you get up??? Nice day:) Enjoy the weekend!

Tracey said...

5am start yesterday! Have a great weekend Iz!

Valerie said...

WOW!!! What a very busy, productive morning...OR should I say a few hours...all this before 9am!! OMG...I think we will now call you SUPERMUM!!!! 9am I was just getting out of pj's into my workout clothes!! Now i feel lazy!!! hee hee...LOVE the pics of the boys and those "dirty" knee caps are definitely quite cute!!
Hope the "horse" book was enjoyable!! xox

Claire said...

Oh Sam - such a crackup!! I'm not sure about the 5am start Trace, I think you are just a liiiittttleee bit bonkers!!! But I know the feeling of getting everything done and having the rest of the day to chillax - well worth the effort!