Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 96

Just when I thought I had exhausted all photo opportunities in my back yard.. this little guy comes along and all of sudden, due to crawling through the garden with Sam to get a better look at him, I find some new inspiration for photos...
I'm loving the colours the sun is creating in these photos.

The sun peeking over the garage roof...

--------------
I caught an interesting news piece on Channel 7 the other morning. This photographer, Eugene Tan, has been going down to Bondi Beach in Sydney every morning for past 12 years,  taking photos.. and then emailing the photos along with a little description/surf report to his friends. It started out with an email to a few friends, and now he has over 35,000 people who subscribe to receive his daily photos and blog piece. His photos are gorgeous, so refreshing and he has such talent. Check it out - http://www.aquabumps.com/ It's really nice to receive an email every morning with beautiful photos, it's a great way to start the day. 
--------------

This morning, I let Sam use my camera and together we walked around the back yard so he could photograph anything he chose to. Oh you should have seen him! He's a natural! He was crouching down to get level with the object, taking a step back or getting in closer to make the shot, he looked like a true photographer. For a 3 year old I think these photos are pretty good!

Nice close up of Shrek's eye!
Of course.. the TV had to make an appearance in his photos...
--------------

We just got back from picking Sam up at Kindy.... the lady who runs it told me that when it was time for the kids to sit down and have their drinks and fruit, Sam got out all the bottles and put them on the table ready for everyone. He is going to get a certificate for being so helpful :) So proud!

--------------

Well that's all for now. The rest of my afternoon is going to be filled with tidying, vacuuming, washing and playing with my boys. I promised I was going to try and make my posts more interesting.. so I better stop here before I bore you all with the details of my chores! 

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

No.1 Your blogs/posts are NEVER boring!
No.2 Sam is the REAL photographer isn't he...great shots Mr.Sam
No.3 How do you come up with ideas to take a picture of a bird on your roof and the leaves...sooo jealous,,,they all just seem to turn out gorgeous!! I enjoy so much looking at your blog and looking at how creative you are...what a true inspiration!! Even the pics of Sam changing his chain with dirty hands was cute!! xxxx

Claire said...

I need not say a word. Val has said it all and I second EVERY WORD! *nods*

Pam said...

Sam takes great photos, love reading your blog :-)