Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 77

Sam and I went to the park today... just the two of us. It was lovely. I told Sam in the morning that we were going on a special outing "just us". He said "ohhhh yay!..... can Jakey come?" :) I love that he loves his brother so much.



I know it seems like all I do lately is post pictures of my boys... which I love doing because I happen to think they are so beautiful .... but it's also because I've been experimenting with different photography effects. It might not be noticeable, but I've been playing around with the settings of my camera a lot more and trying to work out what settings produce what outcome... and it's easiest for me, as a stay at home mum, to practice this photography on my boys!

For old times sake...here is a HDR I created this morning and the original next to it:

Just in case you are interested in looking... I follow this guy on Flickr who has just completed a '100 Strangers' project. Basically the project is set over 100 days, and you post a photo that you have taken of a 100 strangers (with their permission of course!). It's becoming quite a popular thing to do..... 

Quick Note: Do Not Worry, I absolutely am NOT going to be taking on this project, so you can rest easy knowing that you won't have another crazy project of mine to keep track of! 

Anyway, back to this guy. I have loved keeping track of his work, his portraits are fantastic and he writes a little story about his interaction with the person he has taken the photo of. You might enjoy a quick look :) - 

Not photography related.. but I found a recipe the other day for a delicious sauce. You can use it to serve over basically anything... meatloaf, any meat dish, pasta, chicken, rice, veges... anything really, especially if you are needing a bit of a kick to an otherwise 'bland' meal or wanting to create a special meal. It is gorgeous!

Ingredients

Tomatoes either 6 fresh, or
2 and one half cups of canned ones
One Onion, sliced in thin rings
One teaspoon Cinnamon
One half cup Brown Sugar
One teaspoon Vinegar
One half teaspoon Salt

Just combine the ingredients and simmer for 2 hours.  Easy! It's well worth it :) 


Okay, I think that's enough from me for today! Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Excellent post! Looks like Sam had a great time at the park, love the photo of him coming down the slide! Also the pic of him defocused in the background on the swing is great ;-)

I checked out the 100 Strangers project. So interesting to read his interaction with these strangers! Only up to 9/100 but I'll keep going!

Pam said...

Love the holding hands photo - What a fascinating project, Caleb isn't happy forgot to make tea I got sidetracked looking at all the photos.