Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 68

Last night, once our kiddies were all tucked up in bed, Val and I headed out to enjoy sitting in those nice big comfy armchairs at the Dome. Time always goes way too quickly at our catch-ups... we never run out of things to talk about! Thank you for a great night Val!

Photo taken this morning. Jacob loves hanging out in the laundry and checking out the dryer and vacuum cleaner. If ever I lose sight of him and can't hear him, I know he will be hiding in the laundry room. :)


Usually Jacob and I head to the Galleria while Sam is at his Kindy program...but today Jacob was extra tired so he was happy to fall asleep in the car while I drove around aimlessly, stopping every now and then to take some pictures. 

I was thinking to myself, how nice it is that I CAN just drive around aimlessly... in a blink of an eye the boys will be at school, I'll go back to work, life will become a busy juggling act. So for now...I'm happy to drive around, stopping whenever I feel like it to take a photo while my cute baby sleeps in the back and Sam is having a ball at Kindy. 

McDonald's 'Quality' coffee.... it actually was pretty darn nice :) So well done McDonald's... you have been providing nice treats for me lately. 

This view is lovely isn't it?  In 2003, I worked in Maylands at a Real Estate Agency. Every single day for my lunch break I would come to this part of the river, sit on the bench, call Lewy and cry. That job was without a doubt the worst place I have ever worked!! Lewy would give me a pep talk, let me know everything would be just fine and I would feel a little more strength to get through the rest of the day. I only lasted 4 months. During a meeting about the 'problem receptionist' who not only made my life a misery but everyone else's in the office as well..  I realised they were never going to pull her in line.. so I quit and never looked back. I think Lewy was relieved that he wouldn't have to put on his 'counsellor' hat every lunch time any more! 

Funny thing though, when I would sit here all those years ago, I never once noticed the nice view! So it was a good thing to drive here today, and actually 'see' and appreciate the view this time!

Some more pictures from my drive....














We headed back to wait for Sam and found a nice shady spot on the grass...






Sam's lovely painting of a horse....of course! I said to Sam: "I love your drawing". He said: "it's not a drawing, it's a painting"... oh the specifics of a 3 year old :) I asked him what songs they sang and he proceeded to belt out the tune "5 fat sausages sizzling in the pan.. sizzle sizzle sizzle sizzle BANG". That boy cracks me up. :) 

4 comments:

Pam said...

In one of the photos it looks like Jacob is chasing the bird. What great photos

Tracey said...

He was chasing the bird :) He was so excited and giggling the whole time - cute!

Valerie said...

What 'sizzling' photos!!! hee hee!! OMG those pics are gorgeous!! I love how Jacob likes to help his mummy out and the picture of him having his milk in the park..OMG that is just beautiful!!
AND...thankyou for a wonderful night at coffee lastnight!! Time goes sooooo quickly!!!xxx

Claire said...

What fantastic photos!! I love the ones of Jacob in the park (can't believe how strong he is now!) and the one of the city in the wing mirror!!