Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 94

This morning, the chain came off Sam's bike... instead of asking me to fix it, my boy set the bike up to try and fix it himself.  I came outside and he said "it's all in a days work!" I'm guessing that saying is from one of his favourite shows 'Handy Manny'. Too cute!  Sam was very proud of his dirty hands after all his hard work....
  

 We had to make a quick trip to do some food shopping. What should have been a very simple trip, turned into quite the drama!

Sam was being a super-hero at the shops and flying around the aisles (that wasn't the drama, that was actually pretty darn cute!)..but it did make the shopping twice as long. When we finally got to the checkout.. all the groceries go through, bags all packed... I look in my purse - NO CARD!

Uh-oh.... I tell the check out lady that I have possibly left my card in my car, so have to go and get it. We make a dash outside when I realise that I left my card in Lewy's wallet. So I call Lewy, and thankfully he is working only 15 minutes away so said he will come and bring the card to me.

While we were waiting for him, I took some pictures ... my little angel:
Lewy arrives, and Sam was beyond excited to see him.... so of course when he had to leave so quickly, Sam was devastated and cried and cried. Poor buddy! We get back to the checkout, and the lady in line before us was waiting for her daughter to come back with some more items, so the checkout ladies suspends her order to finish off my transaction. (Have I lost you yet?!)

So what happens.......the other lady's transaction is pulled back up instead of mine, and I pay for her groceries instead. Which meant, the items had to be scanned back and refunds made, and items scanned back in and re-pay for the right shopping! 

It actually turned into quite a funny situation... 2 Coles Staff members, me and my boys, a lovely lady, with her daughter and grandson.. all having a big laugh over this "if you don't laugh, you'll cry" moment. I left the shops with a big smile on my face :) 

I tied this tea-towel around Sam's neck at home so he could fly around the house... he refused to take it off when we went to the shops. Love it!

Just for fun, I made the photo into HDR...






















Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

Oh wow I probably would have given up after the lost card, glad you came home with a smile! Sam really is so darn cute!!

Valerie said...

You poor thing honey!! I bet your heart just sank when you saw NO CARD!!! I've had my card not work before and that was bad enough!!! ....I guess that is ONE trip you will not forget!!! xox

Claire said...

I have to hand it to you Trace, not many people could turn such a near disaster into such a positive experience!!! I think I'd have been a gibbering wreck by the end of all that!!!!

Pam said...

How cute is Sam and his dirty hands. Sounds like you had a interesting day.