Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Good Food

So, during my stay in America I'm hoping to cook some meals for Izzie and her family and for those who are graciously allowing me to stay in their home (Aaron's family).

I've been thinking of some recipes that might suit and wanted to cook something that had a bit of an Aussie feel to it. Lewy suggested a sausage sizzle.. which yes, is a great Aussie tradition, but not one I'm sure my dinner guests will appreciate!

Lewy and I then came up with one of our favourite things to cook - Sweet chilli marinated prawns cooked on the BBQ. Although that might encourage some 'shrimp on the barbie' type jokes ha!

I've decided a beautiful salad is a must.. maybe  a Barley & Honey Roast Pumpkin Salad


Maybe some of these beauties for a lunch..

or some Mushroom Burgers (drool!)


There is also one of my favourite dishes - Roasted Pumpkin with red onion and fetta pastries. That might be a good option as well.. with a side of fresh baby spinach leaves with balsamic vinegar.

The options are endless!  Must get those recipe books out again ....

Throw your ideas my way!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is Anzac Day and we have enjoyed a peaceful day together, reading, watching cartoons, playing outside.. it's a beautiful day. :)

2 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

YUM!!!!! Sounds amazing! They will LOVE it!!

Claire said...

Yum yum!! The photos made my mouth water!!