Saturday, April 14, 2012

Reading

It's Saturday night, 7:08pm and Golden Girls is on the TV in the bedroom. I can't bring myself to watch 'Real Housewives of Beverley Hills' or 'Jersey Shore'.. my brain cells disappear faster than I can revive them .. :P


Today was gorgeous. The weather was stunning. My boys were happy. In the morning, while the boys were running around like nutters, and Lewy and I were sitting on the couch with our coffee... I picked up 'Bloom' and couldn't put it down. Finally I made myself put it away and promised myself that once I cleaned the house, Jacob would go down for a nap, Sam would be out on a special trip with Nanna and I could sit down and read.


I finished the book and loved every single word. The book is no longer at my house, I've already let someone borrow it... and I know they will love it as much as I did. Val.. Lisa.. you are next on my "lend to list". And finally, I'll pack it in my suitcase and it will travel to America, where I will leave it in the hands of Izzie :)


Lewy made a special meal tonight, fish and chips. We're not talking regular fish and chips.. oh no. He went to a seafood store, picked out the best fish he could find. Researched the best beer batter recipe, and served up a mouth watering meal.


I must admit, after the happenings of the week, I made sure today that I let my mind breathe. I let it relax and unwind and not analyse things too much. I just focussed on enjoying being with my family (and reading of course :P). Although I wouldn't be me, if I didn't have a few moments towards the evening where I let my mind run... I stood in the bathroom, contemplating my life's journey. Looked in the mirror and said "Is this what you expected of me God? and I'm doing you proud?" amongst other things :P (I tend to have long drawn out conversations with God... I often think He needs to grab a cuppa when I start going :P)

Today was good. I hope yours was too :)

3 comments:

Claire said...

I'm glad you've had lovely day :-)

Claire said...

I must buy Bloom. I've just been to her blog, and reading the book description too.

The first line sold me.

Love me. Love me. I'm not what you expected, but oh, please love me.

izzie said...

What a refreshing day after your week! Very excited for Bloom, but don't let me start it while you are here or I'll be weeping the whole time:)