Monday, April 23, 2012

Single Mother

I'm a single mum tonight.. with Lewy on his work trip to New Norcia. I must mention, that the last time Lewy went to work in New Norcia (which if you've been reading my blog for awhile, you'll know it's the only monastic town in Australia.. therefore lots of history!). So anyway, Lewy having to install 'some kind of electrical thing' drilled a hole through a book case, as per the instructions given... little did he know that he actually drilled in the exact place that had a signature in chalk at the back that was written 100 years ago! Oops! Obviously all was forgiven, as he was requested again for new work!

So back to me being a single mum for one night... I'm nailing it.. house is spotless, washing on the line (please, please don't rain.. I only have a tiny bit of washing left to do... it can rain after I've caught up!) boys are tucked up in bed sound asleep, I have done my work for my other boss, and I'm ready and waiting for The Voice to start AND if I'm still feeling on a high from rocking out my single mum status, I might even be a rebel and stay up to watch Revenge. Woah.. it's all happening over here!

It makes me giggle quietly at work, when I hear the girls talking about their all-nighters... for example, just this Saturday night gone, the girls headed out into Northbridge. As promised they sent me some photos throughout the night and some info of what they were up to. While they were heading into town to begin their party night.. I was warmly tucked up in bed, watching Poirot. Yes. Poirot. Please tell me there is someone else out there who has taken a liking to this show?! (FYI, it's about a French detective.. who solves all these cool mysteries). So anyway, the funny part is - that I was SO happy to be in bed with zero interest in being out in the cold, attending nightclubs. Those days are over for me and I'm not sad to see them go!

Ohhh but the memories are there! Ah, the fun I used to have! Lisa was often my partner in crime and without fail, we would end up in crazy situations which would result in fantastic stories that we would laugh about later on. Not withstanding, some interesting nights we had at The Lookout in Scarborough... which I might mention is no longer there?! (Is it still there? I'm pretty sure it closed down?), finishing off the evening with a kebab or chips.. and I still remind Lisa about one particular night where we were happily eating some chips to sober us up a little, when I came across a young girl who I swear was there just to haunt my dreams.. still gives me the shivers just thinking about! Lisa, I know you are grinning right now :P

In my late teens, a friend and I would head out to Subiaco every.single.Friday night and get home around 5am every Saturday. Um. How is that possible? If I tried to do that now-a-days, I'd be asleep on the alcohol spilt floor by 10pm. ha!

But it's all apart of living it up in the age appropriate way. And yes, I sure did live it up! Which is why.. when I know people are heading out to Northbridge for an all-nighter..these days I'm more than happy to stay at home watching TV :)

While people are out there partying.. I'm reading my way through one book after another. I'm on a roll. Up to the 3rd and final book in the Hunger Game Series.

Right... my shows are on, gotta go!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I so want to hear the story about the young girl - preferably over wine and chocolates :-)

Claire said...

Sounds like you've got the single mum thing down pat :-P

Hey you're one step of me... at least you DID live it up!! I never did (well, a handful of times - but not regularly!) and I'm where you are now... much happier tucked up on the couch or in bed with TV/books!! Hehe!!