Sunday, April 15, 2012

Popcorn and Mary Poppins

Sometimes you don't know quite what you need until it's happening right in front of you. Lisa and Isaac came over for a spontaneous Sunday morning visit, and while the kids played, Lisa and I caught up over a coffee.

Poor Lisa... before I knew it I was unloading all my emotions and stresses felt from the week. It felt so good to share it with a friend and for it to be met with total understanding. It was a lovely, loud, busy catch up, with toys spread out throughout the lounge room... perfect :)

Then after lunch, Sam and I had a special movie date complete with popcorn and Mary Poppins.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys just came in with my suitcase, telling me they were off to America. (My suitcase and carry on bag have now been named 'the America bags') I'm pretty sure they are hatching a plan to take Marley on the trip too... :P



If you have noticed Sam's haircut ... well, there is a story to that. Sam always goes to the hairdressers with Nanna.. and yesterday was no different. Off they went, and in the salon at the same time were a family with 5 boys... it seems that Sam must have gotten confused with one of the boys, and given the same short shave! Apparently the poor hairdresser, upon realising that this is not the usual length that Sam gets, looked quite worried about the consequences. I assured Sharon that it was just hair and it will grow back :) Sam thinks it's pretty cool so that's all that matters!

I must mention how beautifully subtle Lisa is though... after we settled in with our coffee in hand, she casually mentions "oh Sam's had a haircut?" ... and then "is it always that short?"... love it.. she's so sweet when it's clear she has noticed that we have made our child look like he's just been released from prison :P



I've been informed that Sam and Jacob have returned from America. "Oh wow! How was your trip?"... "Not too bad"... "What was the best part of your holiday?"..... "Having lunch.. but I couldn't find any grapes". Interesting. Izzie..for future reference, are grapes readily available in America? I must remember to inform Sam where he can purchase them from next time :P

Almost time to start the working week again, time for my brain to kick back into gear :P

3 comments:

Claire said...

Ah, sounds like a lovely day!

I did notice Sam's haircut, and something in my subconcious thought "wow that is quite short" but it wasn't until you mentioned it that I actually registered... haha!!!

Lisa said...

It was a great catch up hun! and looking forward to our next one!! Hope you enjoyed your popcorn and Mary poppins. :)
Love your blog!! its such a treat to read at the end of the day! and i always get a good laugh, love your sense of humour! xxx

Aaron and Izzie said...

Hahaha, what sweeties!! Wish you could pack them along!!! We will definitely find out the best place for grapes in America, I think California wins the bet on that one!