Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday


Sam officially has more of a social life than I do... today he enjoyed his friend from daycare's birthday party at McDonalds. Not the best photo below, but I love it as you can see he is not taking his eyes off that cake!


~~~~~~~~~~

I had all these other things I was going to write about on today's post... but I can't think clearly past getting my confidence knocked big time by some very unkind words said to me. Isn't it funny how when people compliment us we kinda take it for granted.. but when someone criticises you, it's the only thing you can think about.

So I won't go into details, my lips are sealed as to who and what happened, but I will say I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me. In a big way. I still feel like I'm licking my wounds hours after the event.

The unkind words, were directed straight to my character.... it hurt .. a LOT. I'm yet to process all of this, I have tears in my eyes just writing this post. Tonight I will spend some quiet time, moving on, praying, and not letting these words get the better of me.

Tomorrow.. is a new day :)

4 comments:

Pam said...

Hope your ok hun - lots of hugs and love :-)

Lisa said...

Love you Hun, you are a beautiful person inside and out!! xxx

Claire said...

Oh Trace! We love you, and think you're wonderful (which you are!). xx

Jot said...

Just catching up on what's going on in your world! I know this is old news but this really sucks.

In the end though whatever nasty thing this person said says more about the sort of person they are, than the person you are. You would NEVER do something like that to another person and that already makes you so much better than them. They suck, and I kind of feel sorry for them that they feel the need to attack someone who wouldn't hurt a fly. Hold your head up high hon. xxx