Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 20

This morning I took my boys on a walk up at John Forrest National Park. I've been wanting to get up there for ages to take some pics, especially of the old train tunnel. Sam had a great time, collecting more pet rocks along the way (right now he is having a nap with 3 of his new 'friends').

For anyone who has walked through the tunnel, you will know it's dark, long and can be a little scary if you are going by yourself! I wouldn't have walked through if it wasn't for Sam being so excited!

So here we are walking through, me pushing a pram that is not made for rocky terrain and Sam walking ahead thinking it's the best thing ever. The further we get in, the darker it gets, the more my heart is beating faster, my breathing is getting faster and all the scary movies I've watched in my whole life are flashing before my eyes and I'm thinking that at any moment someone definitely is going to jump out of the darkness and get me! (My imagination can sometimes get the better of me).

Half way through I stop so I can take some pictures inside and Sam says "Are you lost Mummy?" :)
Jacob was so relaxed with the bumpy ride of the tunnel that he was asleep by the time we got out the other end.

Apart from my quiet little panic in the tunnel, the rest of the outing was great!

P.S The rest of my pictures from today are on my Flickr website (link is at the top left).

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I can just picture everything you said...how funny!! And bless Jacob for falling asleep, he obviously wasn't scared at all!!! Glad to hear you made it back through the tunnel and didn't let onto Sam that you were just a "tad" scared??!! hee hee x

Aaron and Izzie said...

What an adventure!

Claire said...

Brilliant photo!! I love all these outings you go on with your boys to such gorgeous places. The best of both worlds - photo opportunities for you and quality time with the kids! I love how Sam had NO FEAR going into that tunnel!!!

Pam said...

awesome picture