Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 9

I have done 3 very important things today.

1. I have committed to FIVE runs for this year through the WA Marathon Club.. of which I'm soon to become a member. And by 'committed to', I mean I have written them in my diary in PEN - so that's as good as confirmed! ha!
1st run - a 5km evening run next Sunday night. The 2nd run will be 10kms in April, 3rd - 10kms in May, 4th - 14kms also in May (the HBF Run For A Reason), and finally the 5th - City to Surf 12kms in August.

Now that I've told you all my plans - I HAVE to do it! (This is what I'll tell myself anyway when I start to get nervous and want to back out!!)

2. I have ordered a Day Walk Map Pack for the Bibbulman Track.. for a 17.4km walk that Lewy and I are going to do in February or March.

3. I have re-committed to a 99% of the time vegetarian diet. The 1% exemption will be when we go out to someone else's house for lunch/dinner etc where I will enjoy any meal I am given!! I wish I could say that I prefer a vegetarian diet because of my love of animals (which I do), but it's actually because it seems to really suit my body and makes me feel so much better than a diet that includes meat. Any one that wants to send me their favourite vegetarian recipes - please do!!

Photo of the day - my vegie burger for dinner :)

4 comments:

Valerie said...

WOW!!! They are some serious committments girlfriend...you go...and we will be holding you to them..hee hee...I better not see any liquid paper in your diary!!! hee hee....What an extremely busy day you have had and your vegie burger looks very very yummy!!! What else was on the menu?? hee hee....I will scout through my vegie books and sure to send them through to you!!! Oh no, I won't be able to check your blog for 3 days...what will i do!!!! ...:-((

Aaron and Izzie said...

Good for you Trace! I'll send some good recipes your way! Excited to hear how the runs go, I think I may commit to some myself this year!!

Claire said...

You go girl!! We'll all keep you honest ;-)

The burger looks very yum! I love beetroot in a burger :-D Altough I must be honest - I prefer some beef or chicken in it too hehe!

Pam said...

That burger looks yum,you'll do great with all your goals :-)