Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Running Update

Third post for the day. It's been one of those days!

After the run on Sunday night, I came to the conclusion that my body prefers to run for endurance not for crazy speed. At the run, I was so distracted by not wanting to come last that I ran too fast, too soon so my body was like "right, you'll pay for that little outburst now I'm going to sulk and make the rest of the run really hard work".

So Monday night I tested my theory...set the treadmill to a nice steady jogging speed and managed to run 6kms. It felt GREAT.

Tonight, most likely fuelled by needing some ME time, I jumped on the treadmill, put the earphones in, turned up the music and ran 8kms. Yes, it took me 1 whole hour...it really was a nice steady jog, but boy did it feel great. 1 hour to myself, 1 hour to zone out and just run .... pure bliss. BODY - you did me proud!

Just to prove it - here is the photo evidence! :)

Bring it on '10km run in April' ... I'll be ready!! I may not run you fast, but I sure will run you all the way! 

After I finished, I came out to see this: 

Clearly, my darling boy is exhausted from testing my patience all day. :) Thankfully by the afternoon, it seemed I had my lovely Sam back to his normal self again. Nice to have you back Sam, I missed you buddy :)

NOW to sit and enjoy a glass of red. I think I deserve it!!!!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Well done!!! That is fantastic....you will be fine for the 10km run.....just have to keep those positive thoughts when you do your run and you will be FINE FINE FINE...did i mention FINE!!!! xoxxo

Claire said...

WOW you ran for a whole hour and over 8km!!! Far out that is seriously impressive!!
LOL @ Val - yep, it will be FINE!!!

Pam said...

great job Trace - Sam is so adorable