Thursday, January 13, 2011

Updates & Some Good News

I set some exciting/big goals for this year, so here is an update on the progress so far!

The map pack arrived for our planned 17.4km walk along the Bibbulmunn Track. We are set to go in the middle of March and can't wait!

Lewy and I are now members of the WA Marathon Club and we are set to go on our 1st race for the year - 5kms this Sunday at 6pm. Shoes are ready -Lewy's brand new ones and my 'older but still faithful' ones. I've also bought some new shorts as I figured no one would want to see me running in my old pink shorts.. Lewy is the only one unfortunate enough to have to see me in those! 

Now for my good news! (NO I'm not pregnant! :) 


As of today, I am now a student at the Perth Bible College. This has been 3 years in the making.. or should I say WAITING. I've wanted to go back to Bible College for a very long time but the timing has not been right.....until now :) 

(Val, I am reading your mind and I know you are thinking how could I take on ANOTHER thing this year?! hehe).. but rest assured, it's not as full on as it sounds! I've enrolled into only one unit, which means I'll go to a night class once a week with only 1 assignment at the end of the semester. As time goes on and as work/home life allows, I'll possibly take on another unit or two externally (at home) but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. My long term future goal (because let's face it, doing one or two units at a time is going to take me quite some time!) is to complete a Diploma of Ministry. I have no idea what I'll do with it, or where it will lead me but all I know it's EXACTLY where I want to be and I couldn't be more excited!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Wow Trace. You're so content and focussed, and seem to have such purpose and balance in your life - I admire you greatly!

Tracey said...

Thank you for those lovely words Claire, you put a big smile on my face :) x

Valerie said...

I agree with Claire!!! I can't believe how many things you have happening in your life...even though you say it's an "organised" busy schedule!! You really are one focussed person!! Well done hun! I feel extra lazy now!!! hee hee

Pam said...

great news Trace