Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 97

Today was probably the laziest, most relaxing day I've had in a VERY long time! It seemed to move in slow motion but go quickly at the same time...I didn't accomplish anything.. oh except for keeping the house clean (which actually IS a pretty big accomplishment when I think about it with 2 kids!), and making our home made pizzas ready for cooking in the evening... apart from that.. nothing! Hanging around with my boys, taking a few photos, watching cartoons...that about sums it up. Pretty good Friday if you ask me!

The beautiful sun reflecting through the front french door in the morning...
The sun is a regular feature in my photos at the moment.. I like it :) 
I'm pretty sure I caused irreversible eye damage taking this picture!
























Oh I did do something else today.. I made Jelly with pears for Sam. I wish I had done it in secret, Sam hung around the fridge and asked me every 2 seconds if the jelly was ready yet. It was only cute for the first 2 minutes (for the record, jelly takes around 4 hours to set!).








  
                                               



                   He did ask if his friend Shanika was coming over to share the jelly.. he associates jelly with his buddy Shanika, so sweet :) 

Sam is great at making his own fun. He got out my saucepans and colanders to make a drum set.. complete with carrots for drumsticks. 
                                                                                                                                                                                   Of course Jacob wanted to get involved. I had a big giggle at hearing Sam say: "Nooo Jakey, babies can't play drums!......ohhh okay, I'll teach you how to play, here, hold the carrot sticks like this..." :)

Our yummy pizzas for dinner...



  
                                                                                                                               ---------------

I follow a few photographers on Flickr, to keep up with their work. This guy is one of them, his photos are spectacular (http://www.flickr.com/photos/christopherevans/). Check out this link for his 'seascape' photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/christopherevans/sets/72157625750441356/ amazing amazing amazing!

    ---------------

Sam found a dead fly on our floor today, he bought it to me in the palm of his hand and said "It's not working, it's not going bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, can you make it work again Mum?"    Oh bless!

---------------

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Mmmmmmmm those pizzas look SO GOOD!!!

Pam said...

Love the photos with the "drums". I love reading the things Sam says.