Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello friends!

I've linked a few times to this lady (The Bloggess), but her recent post is worth a link as well http://thebloggess.com/2012/01/the-fight-goes-on/  So often she writes about depression and I feel like she secretly knows me. She is spot on. SPOT.ON. (Apart from the self-harming, which I do NOT do, in case you all start to worry!) But I love that she is strong enough to be honest and open about her struggles, she's an inspiration.

After I read her post, I felt SO PROUD of all of us for taking on the Project 30 Days. It's a small step, but a step in the right direction. :X You guys are awesome!

Today at work, the rest of the troops started back so I got to meet nearly everyone in the office. If I was happy last week, I'm even happier today. I feel like I've been at this place for ages and had an instant rapport with the girls who I will be working closely with.

Talk about a run of bad luck for my poor little chickens, it was Sam's turn to be unwell and as I've just started a new job we didn't think it would be a great idea to take a day off already, so Lewy took the day off to stay home with Sam while Jacob happily went off to daycare. I'm sure things will settle down soon! (Right?!)

In other random news, I spent a very very very long time last night scouring the internet looking for the perfect items for Sam's theme birthday I'm planning this year. I was so excited to finally find the exact decorations and patterns I was hoping for.. only to realise after carefully selecting all the plates, napkins, cups, decorations, table pieces etc etc etc... that the company doesn't deliver to Australia! :( I'm so determined to get the exact pieces I want, I'm even trying to get in touch with them to see if they will be able to organise a one off delivery ... we shall see!

Lewy has been doing a lot of the cooking at night, as he gets home quite awhile before me and the kids do, which has been a lovely treat. It works out perfectly because 1. Lewy is an amazing cook (he puts me to shame!) 2. He really enjoys cooking. 3. I'm really enjoying the change of 'tasks' that I'm used to doing at home. Win/win/win!

Happy Days!

1 comments:

Claire said...

That is a very powerful post by The Bloggess. Thanks for sharing hun.

It sounds like everything is going really well at work, that's so good to hear! So glad you're enjoying it :-)

Get well soon Sam!

xx