Sunday, March 18, 2012

Going Out

Boy it feels good to get dressed up and go out! It feels like it's been ages.


We went to a function held by Lewys' work. I really like the people Lewy works with, so I enjoy these catch ups a lot. Actually, what I mean is - I really like the girlfriends/fiancĂ©e's/wives of the people Lewy works with! Not that the guys are bad either, they are actually really lovely.. but they are tradies and give them a beer or two and..  well, chatting with the girls is a lot better for my sensitive innocent ears :P


Oh I loved my dress! I bought it especially for the event.. and I felt pretty :P Seriously I did! That doesn't happen often! I spoilt myself a little by splashing out and buying $3 earrings and a ring to compliment the dress. ;) I'm a big spender.

Bad photo... this was the end of the night... I can be forgiven for looking a little tired and drained!

Kiddies were invited to the party and we had planned on taking Sam, but due to our babysitter being unwell, we took both boys with us. Sam had a fantastic time, he spent most of the time in the pool with the other kids, while Jacob spent his time running around, grabbing big blocks of cheese off the platters (oops) and generally trying to get into everything he could :P Thankfully, he fell asleep and we could relax a bit!

The function was catered for by none other than the same caterers who did our wedding and who I had used recently at work. A gorgeous dinner, and some mouth watering desserts to follow.

I really enjoyed meeting some new people and ended up engrossed in some fascinating conversations. One lady in particular was a lawyer for Human Rights, and I could have chatted with her all night. Me being a total party animal was starting to slow down by around 9pm ... go me!... and by 10pm I decided it was time for me to take the boys home, while I left Lewy to party on.

Overall, a fantastic night!

Today's plans include drinking coffee, watching Breaking Dawn while Jacob naps... and staying in my trackies all day. Perfection!

2 comments:

izzie said...

GORGEOUS! Love the dress and earrings! Sounds like a fun night:) Enjoy your day of rest!

Claire said...

Ohhhh, you looks soo puuurdy!! It sounds like you had a really lovely night hun :-)

We watched Breaking Dawn today while Hannah slept too!! What did you think of it??!