Thursday, March 8, 2012

Milk


Doesn't it just?

This morning, you know, when I woke up crazy early ... I did an equally crazy thing and sat out the front on the pavement with my nail polish remover and tissues so I could remove my lovely manicure that had started chipping already. It was 5.15am... and there was the most beautiful cool breeze, Marley was pottering around the garden, there was silence .. there was a very slight glimmer of light starting to show over the tip of the roof across the road, not to forget the extra bright lamp post shining and I was so happy.


I LOVE those moments. My whole day is different when I get that small window of alone time in the morning.

The last few days I haven't been able to take my usual morning photos as it's been a whirlwind of busy... and I was relieved to get back into the habit today.

Life really is busy at the moment.. but I can't say I'm not enjoying it. I really am. Yeah, the house could be cleaner blah blah blah, (I know... Who AM I?!) but I find that being stretched is good for me. It helps me to zone in on what's really truly important.

Things will get out of balance, of course.. I will not spend as much time communicating with my friends as I would like to (please forgive me friends!).. I'm constantly thinking about making sure I let my friends know I love them still even if I can't be in touch as much as I used to.
There will be times when I have to spend more time getting the house in order, than with my kids.. and then I'll switch and spend more time with the kids while the house is falling apart.

But life is a constant balancing act isn't it.. ... sometimes we get it right, and sometimes we get it wrong. But that's the journey right?

I'm happy.

And I'm drinking milk while I type this... had a craving. Weird. :P


..and now my milk is finished and I'm ready for bed... sweet dreams my friends!

1 comments:

Claire said...

I admire your ability to, and enjoyment in, getting up so early for your quiet alone moments as the sun comes up :-)

Life is indeed a balancing act, and I think you balance it perfectly ;-)