Saturday, March 24, 2012

Silence is Bliss

Thank God for grandparents :X After a crazy week, a break was needed. My boys are enjoying a sleep over with Nanna and Pop. The silence is bliss. Although I can't wait to hear their little voices when I pick them up tomorrow :)

I woke up early this morning and stayed in bed thinking about the day ahead. With our bedroom door open, I could see the mirror in the hall which was reflecting a stunning red light from the window at the front door. I had to get up and check out this sky... I'm so glad I did. Isn't it stunning? I wonder what the view was like from the plane in the sky?
 

After a lovely long nap in the afternoon, I took a drive to the DVD store. Guess how much we have in overdues? You won't believe it - it's ridiculous. $44... I know. 


My movie choice. And it.was.good. I cried... it was thought provoking, it was sad, it was hopeful. I recommend it if you like movies that are a little different, a little deep. (Points for who can spot the puppy)


I interrupt this blog to let you all know that as I'm typing this, our next door neighbours are having a party .. complete with Karaoke. I wonder if they would welcome me in and let me have a go?! :P Seriously, though they are taking this karaoke pretty seriously and the tunes they are belting out is impressive. Currently, someone is singing a heartfelt ballad ... awwww :P

Right, check out these mini prawn quiches... courtesy of my Mum. Sorry Marley, there is no way you are getting your little paws on these babies! Heaven... these mini quiches are heaven!


Often, when I'm being my normal self and feeling anxious about something, a bible verse will come to mind to calm me down. This week - these verses ran through my heart and mind like a song pressed on Repeat. It was beautiful.


Psalms 23: 1-4
"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."


Tomorrow... we sleep in. SLEEP IN. As in we get up when WE want to! Not because little people are awake and want us to get up! Oh be still my heart.... I will enjoy it! There will be no early morning outside sky photo from me tomorrow... yeeha! It's the small things in life right?!

Good night and sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Claire said...

What a GORGEOUS sky!!! Wow, so pretty.

I hope you enjoyed your night sans children, and your sleep in this morning!

Aaron and Izzie said...

Best sunrise I've ever seen was flying into Melbourne. Beautiful Australian skies!