Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Musings...

I was supposed to come back the other day on the blog and update with my recent musings... but I didn't. Obviously. :P

I switched off the light, went to bed, put my head on the pillow.. all the while thinking about the plans for the next day... and had one of those amazing moments of clarity. A growth moment. I was so taken with it, that I quickly got out the phone to write it all down before it slipped my mind.

Love those moments. Prayers are always answered one way or another.

So I will share it soon with you guys (don't groan... I can hear you.. :P) I just need time to let it sit for a few days. My mind works to a process you know :P

``````````````````

In the mail today, I received the information about the child that I (we!) are sponsoring through The Smith Family ... I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I read the brief. My child... a boy - I mean seriously, how appropriate! His name is Jarren, and he enjoys art and football, is hoping to improve in maths and reading..and when he grows up he wants to join the army as a chef...  my (our) sponsorship helps in purchasing his uniform/shoes, books and being able to participate in sports and music activities. Jarren has 3 brothers and I'm so happy that I (we) can help in a small way to his education and ease at school with activities and necessary items for school.  I hope to share with my boys that it's important to help others anyway we can... whether it's with our time, finances or with our skill in certain areas.

``````````````````

Sam went to the library at school today.. and basically in his world, it was the best thing ever. So excited, he could barely contain himself!

His choice of book to borrow?



I loved these books when I was a child! I told Sam that when I was a little girl I used to read the Clifford books as well..and he thought it was pretty fantastic :)

Night all and sweet dreams :)

2 comments:

izzie said...

How sweet! Can't wait to hear your thoughts:)

Claire said...

Welcome to the family Jarren!

I just LOVE how much Sam loved the library... I can see Hannah being the same, she is just obsessed with books and reading already!