Friday, March 9, 2012

Life Is What You Make It

Oh my goodness... we made it to Friday night. Phew! WHAT A WEEK!

First of all, I have to talk about Jacob. I love this kid so much I can't stand it! He is unbelievably cute and funny. In some ways, Sam and Jacob are SO alike.. they are very cheeky with a great sense of humour. They are going to get up to lots of mischief together I just know it!


The way that Jacob is different, is that he is a very big Mummy's boy... and I love it! :P Sam is a Daddy's boy through and through, although Sam and I do have a very special relationship and when Sam is feeling fragile, in his Mum's arms is where he wants to be :X Jacob has always had a strong attachment to me and I treasure it so much.

I often wonder if my boys were born with a gene that means that don't feel pain. I'm serious! These boys can be so rough and tumble and have spills where I brace myself for some serious crying.. and they pick themselves up, laugh and carry on! I love this about them.

Jacob has a big appetite.. BIG! He finishes his meals, and then finishes off anything that Sam has left behind. Sam had great taste and likes to try lots of new food. He will happily eat olives, pickles.. you name it. He has quite the matured taste buds.. he takes after Lewy with that. We may have to take out a loan to feed them when they are teenagers :P

They both have a very gentle caring side. Sam is very intuitive with how people are feeling and will ask quietly if you are okay and if you are happy if he feels you might be upset. He is very curious about people and very sociable. Jacob has a gift of making people smile when he grins at them.

Jacob LOVES dancing and singing, he's got the music in him and the kid has the cool moves :P Sam is hungry for knowledge and is very smart. He remembers everything. He is definitely like Lewy in that. Unlike his mother, whose brain is like a sieve ha! (It's totally true)

I love my boys.... they make me so happy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, okay, enough gushing. :P

Life is what you make it. 

I love this saying, because it's so true. There are two choices in life. Let our situation get us down... OR make the decision to fight, to strive, to pray, to grow regardless of what happens. The second option is awesome :P

It's been a really big growth week for me. It's been quite a crazy week actually. Not bad crazy.. just .. full of growth and learning. I've learnt a lot from people around me, I've learnt a lot from taking quiet moments to pray and by being proactive.

I feel really lucky to work with some very special girls in the office. Often when you get a group of girls working together, there is gossip, moodiness etc etc. I find myself in a group where we don't gossip about each other, we support. We don't get annoyed with each other, we encourage. This week has been quite stressful for a lot of people in the office. There have been some big changes. I love that through all of this the bond has formed even stronger, and we have all pitched in to ensure no one is left to do it on their own. I've learnt a lot from these girls.

Okay, big week.. I need sleep :)
Till tomorrow friends!

1 comments:

Claire said...

What a wonderful, positive, inspirational post! Love your work Trace xx