Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

It's been a very busy, but really fun Christmas. We went to my parents house in Mandurah the day before Christmas Eve, and stayed until Christmas morning. Christmas morning we drove home, then out again to Chesters Restaurant in the Swan Valley for lunch with Lewy's Dad.  Be warned, there are a stack of pictures in this post!!!

The Christmas cake..made by my very talented mum. Sam kept hanging around this cake and trying to get his little fingers into it the whole time!


Sam helping Nanna in the kitchen, of course you must wear an apron and chef's hat to do this... 

Cooking a carrot


Pop and Jacob

Blurry photo, but the sky was amazing. Everyone got sick of me talking about clouds after awhile... :) 

Nanna and Jacob - after bath time

My parents live a 1 minute walk away from this beach... it's gorgeous. 



On the way home, Sam walking Dad's dog Skip. Sam accidentally (or so he says) fell into the water so had to wear Dad's jacket home. 

The night before Christmas Eve, some of our relatives came for a visit. This is my Aunty Michele. 

My Nanna

My mum's cousin Karl visiting from England.. imagine coming from snow to our Aussie heat!

Nanna, Karl & Dad

It took about 20 photos to get this one kinda okay photo. Lewy thinks it's really funny to pull faces in every picture. It's funny for the first 3 or 4 photos...mmmm!!!

All ready for Christmas morning.

CHRISTMAS DAY!



It's never too early in the morning to do The Robot

Sam on his laptop sending some emails.. 

Jacob can officially sit up by himself and he even crawled for the first time on Boxing Day.. what a little champion :) 



CHRISTMAS LUNCH
Chesters Restaurant is a gorgeous restaurant/winery in the Swan Valley. This restaurant used to be a fruit drying shed, which was built in the early 1900's that has been refurbished to the restaurant it is now- these poles that you can see are the originals used when it was first built. We had a seafood themed lunch, it was absolutely beautiful and the perfect food choice for the weather. 

Starters - 1. Cherry tomatoes with basil pesto filling and feta. 2. Salmon on buckwheat pancakes with  salmon caviar. 

Starter - 3. Smoked chicken and corn chowder (this looks ordinary but was SO YUM!)

Entree - Crayfish and Yabby with an avocado, tomato and 'other stuff I can't remember' side... I enjoyed every mouthful of this!!!

Main - Barramundi with potatoes, tomato and a 'green but not basil pesto' sauce. 
(I thought it was a basil pesto type sauce but Lewy said it wasn't, I asked him what it was and he said "I don't know, but I know it's green but isn't basil pesto"... whatever it was, it was delicious!)

There was dessert but I only remembered to take a photo after I had finished it....that's how yummy it was :) 

When we got home from lunch, Sam went for a nap at 3pm... and we didn't see him again until the next morning! It had been a VERY busy time for the little guy! 

This morning my mother in law, Sharon and I hit the Boxing Day Sales .. and boy did I pick up some Christmas decoration bargains! Let me just say, bring on next Christmas because I'm totally organised!!! 

So overall, it's been a really enjoyable and special Christmas spent with our gorgeous boys and family :) The only downside was the unbearable heat on Christmas Day. For the first time in my 31 years of being an Aussie (or should I say an aussie living in WA).. is that I am completely and utterly sick of this hot weather! It's far TOO HOT and someone should complain (possibly to Julia Gillard?? maybe she can do something about it?! hehe) that we need to cool it down a few degrees to a more reasonable temperature. Anyone want to take on the mission? :) 

3 comments:

Valerie said...

WOW WOW and WOW!!!! What great pics, I have been waiting for see your Christmas pics...WOW...your mum's chrissy tree is something special that is for sure!!
And of course you have to wear a hat and apron when cooking a carrot?? Right? x

Claire said...

I just knew if I came to your blog I'd see and read all about your Christmas! I was right! GORGEOUS photos!!! The tree, the food, the kids with their new toys, you looking so gorgeous and happy!!! So glad you all had a fantastic Christmas xxx

Pam said...

What a christmas - you got some lovely shots.