Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 3

I have a wonderful husband, I really really do :)

I woke up this morning really regretting the challenge I set for myself of a photo a day for 1 whole year!!! (I thought it would take at least a good few weeks for that to happen.. but 3 days in?!). I was telling Lewy how I wished I could travel somewhere to take some HDR's for inspiration and how I really needed a decent tripod and how on earth would I be able to meet the 1 year challenge! My lovely husband then went out as soon as the shops opened to get me a fantastic new tripod (it really is so cool!) and came up with the idea of going on a day trip to the country, to one of my very favourite places - New Norcia.

New Norcia is the only town in Australia to be founded (in 1847) and run by monks (and other people too who they hire).. it has the most amazing spiritual and peaceful feel to it and I love the old buildings. We had a great time driving around taking photos and then stopped at the hotel to have lunch. The thing I love the most is that you can sit on the massive verandah at the hotel and without fail you will find someone to have a chat with. It's a special little town that's for sure.

Today's photo was taken about 10kms out of New Norcia. I have put all my other photos from the day into my Flickr website if you want to have a look. http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceyrankin/

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Three cheers for Lewy...what a lovely hubby you have!! Sounds like a wonderful day enjoyed by all...and your photos are just wonderful! Just clicked onto flickr and I loveee the photo "Almost at the Beach"...wow that pic is amazing!!! I hope you are enjoying the tripod....can't wait to see what pics you upload on your blog tomorrow!! xox

Claire said...

Bless Lewy - what a sweety!! I'm looking forward to seeing all the photos this year. The HDR is so cool!

Claire said...

Just went to view the other photos on flickr - amazing! They are really fantastic Trace, you're very talented!

Pam said...

Love looking at the photos - hope to see heaps more