Friday, December 31, 2010

End of Year Post

2010 is almost over .. in almost 5 hours to be exact... what a year it has been! The best things from this year are:

1. Jacob - He is my sunshine, my angel and makes me smile every time I look at him. Lewy and I always dreamed of having 2 sons, so when Jacob was born he filled the spot in our hearts that had been set aside for him long before he arrived.

2. Sam - This little guy continues to amaze me. He is so confident, happy, curious about everything and has the cheekiest little personality (he gets that from Lewy I'm sure). Can't wait to see more of his great personality thrive next year :)

3. Friends and Family - This year we have built on some already wonderful friendships. We feel very very lucky to have such good friends in our lives. (You know who you are!) I've also been so happy to be able to keep in closer contact through this blog and email etc with very special friends who don't live here, it means a lot :)  As for family, wow -  I don't know what I'd do without such a fantastic family, my parents, sisters, mother-in-law... are all so special to me. A special mention for my sister Pam - so many times she has been the light at the end of the tunnel for me and I am so lucky to have her as not only my sister but my friend. :)

4. Photography - I'm so in love with this hobby/obsession... I'm a total amateur but it just makes me very very very happy to learn more about it and to practise (but also can be very boring for others when I get a bit too carried away talking about it... a specific sorry to Lewy who has to put up with it!!!)

5. Working - strange I know, but I enjoy it and I feel good that I've been able to take on more this year and feel a part of the working world in a small way, even if it is from home on my laptop!!!

6. Fitness - for the last half of the year anyway when I wasn't pregnant! It's been SO good to feel healthy and fit again, this has become a very important part of my daily routine and I'm glad I have met my goal of reaching 5kms. You'll be pleased to know that I'm still keeping it up nearly everyday, and Lewy and I are going to go on some runs next year which is some new goals to look forward to.

(On a side note: I had been training for a good number of weeks to get my fitness level up and slowly reaching toward running the 5kms... Lewy on the other hand, just before Christmas decided he wanted to start running with me so he jumped on the treadmill and not only ran 5kms the first try but also did it 6 whole minutes faster than I can!!! That's not entirely fair is it! hehe) On the bright side, it's great to have a running partner and we keep each other motivated.

7. Its Only the Beginning.. My Blog Title. I chose this name because it really does sum up how I feel as the year is coming to an end. I feel a contentment I've never felt before. I'm so excited to see what the next years holds for our family.

8. Lewy - I left him last on purpose, saving the best till last :) I have an amazing husband. If you can't tell by now, I often come up with little ideas and projects (sometimes crazy ones!) and no matter what it is Lewy supports me in every one of them. One thing I just love about Lewy, is that without fail when he wakes up in the morning he is HAPPY.. it's contagious, his positivity and energy is catching. He is my best friend and the best person I know :)

I just re-read what I wrote and it sounds like I am giving my speech after winning an Oscar or some kind of special award hehe.... I can only dream hey!

SO that brings me to the next part! NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS!!! These aren't actually new goals but ones that I had set in my sights a few months ago that I wanted to complete throughout next year.

1. Read the Bible - beginning to end.
2. Go skydiving (Lewy is doing this with me... it's the only way I will do it if I have him there to support me!)
3. Run the City to Surf 12kms in September (and at least 2 other runs throughout the year)
4. Do a Photography course

I have a list of personal goals/growth/development things I want to achieve, but I won't write those down just in case I fail miserably and then have to explain what went wrong!!!

So some photos to end the post with....

We went to the beach this morning... love watching Sam in the water :) 

When I started this post, I looked down to see this spider...I couldn't concentrate very well, I am NOT brave when it comes to spiders!!!!

My beautiful boys :)

HDR taken today at the beach

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!!! 

3 comments:

Valerie said...

WOW WOW WOW...i love your post, your words and gorgeous pics!! You definitely inspire me to do more in my day honey, that's for sure! Your days are very fulfilling and great to hear that Lewy is going to go on some runs with you...good stuff Lewy!! Great pics at the beach today...beautiful blue water!!! xox

Claire said...

What a gorgeous post Trace xx

Pam said...

Trace that is so lovely - feeling is mutual - dont know how I would have got thru this last year without your support - love you