Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Clouds

What is it about looking at clouds?! No matter what I'm feeling, by stopping and looking UP, I always feel better. On the way home from work on Monday, the sky was gorgeous. These photos (I took on my phone) don't do them justice at all. I almost wanted to pull over just to get out of the car and stare at the sky! There was this glowing blue tinge to the clouds and it looks amazing. (Don't worry, Lewy has already told me off for taking photos while I'm driving... point taken!!)


Here is a close up.

The problem with me is my mind DOES.NOT.STOP!!! It doesn't switch off.. it's full of thinking, analysing, researching, worrying, trying to solve every problem I come across, ways to improve, ways to do better, busy busy busy busy busy.. even when I'm thinking happy positive things, my mind decides that I need to do MORE and do BETTER! When it gets to the point of no return ... I go outside, and stare at the sky. (Really, this means I finally LET GO and let God take over). Every time without fail, God calms my mind, sorts me out, helps me solve the problem and restores me to being refreshed and ready to continue... but of course, next time it happens I go through the same little process until I finally go outside again and stare at the sky :) This morning I took my coffee outside and sat on the edge of the fountain and LET GO. Sam came out and said to me 'What you doin, Mummy?', and sat next to me and stared at the sky too :)  I'm sure my neighbours would love to ask me first of all, why is my son always naked.. and secondly, why am I always outside looking at the sky? :) 


1 comments:

Pam said...

Your last line was very funny - I have the answer: you are always looking at the sky because your son is always naked. lol