Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I did it!

I wasn't going to post again until after Christmas but I just had to share my good news, that today I hit my goal of running 5kms! Woohoo!!! Even though afterwards I looked like I had dived into a pool, I felt GREAT! Originally I was impressed thinking I was going to quite easily make it to 4.5kms then I thought how cool it would be if I made it to 5km so that I could write it on my blog hehe.... see, this blog is more than my random thoughts and pictures, it's becoming a good motivator!!!

Now the next goal is to actually keep it up and make running 5kms a daily habit.

The Christmas spirit is alive and well.... our lovely elderly neighbours bought me some roses from their garden, a bottle of wine, some home-made shortbread and a Christmas present for Sam. They said they miss having young kids around them as their grandkids are teens now... so I've promised that I will visit often with the boys :) They made my day :) 

Wishing you all a fantastic Christmas break! Thanks for reading my blog - I'm really enjoying it and love that you read it! xxx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats! I love reaching goals while exercising, it is very encouraging.

Happy Christmas

- Evan

Valerie said...

Fantastics news lovely!!! I bet you feel terrific and you look wonderful...thank you for feeding me this morning and supplying me with a decaf and best of ALL...your wonderful company!! You certainly made my day!!!! xox

Valerie said...

ps....love your profile colours...very very relaxing! x

Claire said...

WOW 5km - I am very impressed! Well done!! Also what gorgeous neighbours, so sweet!

Pam said...

Such lovely neighbours