Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Running

I really love running... I'm not a super-star at it that's for sure, and I have a long way to go with my fitness ... but I really do enjoy it. I had been doing a little running program to get my fitness up to running 5kms a day, but for some reason for a good few weeks I got out of the habit, life got busy, it got HOT etc etc excuses excuses. So last night I decided enough was enough and I was getting back on track with my program. Instead of doing the sensible thing and starting off at a good pace and building up again, I decided that I was going to not only run as far as I did before I stopped but I was also going to go FURTHER! Remember a few posts back where I said my mind doesn't stop?? Well that goes for when I'm running too...here is a little glimpse into my random thoughts while running...I think I may need to practice zoning out... my brain hurt as much as my body did after this little activity!!!!!

"So good to be running again, I can do this EASILY!"

"I ran 3.2kms a few weeks ago, so this time my goal will be 3.7kms"

"I wonder what runs they have coming up early next year, maybe I can train for one of those..., will look into that'

"mmm this is getting tough"

"Hey, maybe if I put up the speed, I can cover more distance, that's a good idea" (p.s it WASN'T a good idea!)

"this is hard"

"okay you can definitely do this, this is EASY! No problems... don't think about it.. just zone out.. "

"zoning out not working, stare at the label on the treadmill.. that will help"

"that's not helping, this is getting really hard, I think I might not last"

"I HAVE to last.. I can't stop now!"

"hey I might write about this on my blog.. "

"Damn, now I actually DO have to reach my goal otherwise I will look like a wimp"

"I guess, I don't HAVE to write it on my blog, which means I could actually stop running now...."

"DON'T stop running - you'll be so disappointed in yourself if you stop running"

"Okay I can DO THIS.. I REALLY CAN, you went through a ridiculous number of hours of labour TWO times, surely you can run a measly 3.7kms...!!!"

"ABSOLUTELY I CAN! LET'S GO!"

"I think I'm dying, my legs are feeling funny... I think this may be worse than labour.. "

"Okay.. it's not worse than labour but it feels PRETTY BAD"

"Least with labour at the end of it I got a cute babies.. what do I get from this running?!!! NOTHING.. well maybe not nothing, I get satisfaction.. I get fitter..it's good for me"

"NOPE NOT WORTH IT!!! it's not worth it!... okay maybe it is worth it... those are good things"

"Oh.my.gosh... I am not going to make it.. this is torture.."

"You can't stop now you only have 5 minutes to go"

"2 mins.. why do I do this to myself..."

"30 seconds... 3.6kms is stuck... it's NOT MOVING... why wont it change to 3.7kms?????!!!!! I really am going to die!!!!... "

"I DID IT!!! YAY!!! That wasn't so bad! I could do it easily! I'm going to do this every day, that's a great idea!"

7 comments:

izzie said...

hahaha Yay! Way to go Trace!!

Valerie said...

WELL DONE HONEY!!!! You did a great job and had a great chuckle about ALL your crazy thoughts!!! Well done for making the distance...you are looking fantastic (as you always do) and what satisfaction you must feel!! Maybe I should make you up some music to keep you mind at bay while running...surely it might be better than looking at the treadmill sticker??? hee hee xox

Valerie said...

p.s....where is the picture?? Next time get Lewy to take a pic of you on treadmill...xxx

Tracey said...

oh Val, you DO NOT want to see a picture of me on the treadmill! I seriously look like I might die at any moment.. it's not pretty!!! hehe x

ted said...

Feel the burn

Claire said...

hahahaha!!!! Oh that was great... WAY to go on actually doing it - 3.7 km wow, I'd die walking that right now I think!! Loved the monologue of your thoughts, I laughed out loud :-D

Pam said...

Great Job - so much better than my attempt on the treadmill lol