Friday, December 17, 2010

A day in the life of....

I decided this morning that I would take photos throughout the day as a bit of a snapshot of what a typical day is like in our little household! Just a warning...this has the potential to be the most boring post ever... 

Morning activities... 
"Look how strong I am mum!"

Sam came up to me dressed in one of Lewy's work shirts and told me that he had packed his lunch and he was off to work .... he asked me to walk him to the door to say goodbye.  I said we needed to take a picture of his "first day of work", he was happy to pose to capture such a big moment.. my boy makes me laugh :) 

"Cheer up my lovely boys, it's not that bad"

"Ummm I guess that's a bit better?!" :) 

Breakfast time .. (note that Sam is still wearing his "work clothes" :) 

I got a lovely surprise this morning.  My boss called around with a beautiful hamper to say thank you for my work during the year. It meant a lot as doing well at my job is very important to me.  (See that bottle of wine in the middle? I'm enjoying that right now :) 

I managed to find 10 minutes to sit down and read the Bible... nice refresher and time out :) 

Lunch time! I made Sam and I some yummy wraps. See that Heinz jar? That is Mayonnaise Aioli with Dill... I HIGHLY recommend this, it's gorgeous!

Treadmill time! Guess what... I made it to 4kms today :) It's amazing how quickly your body gets back into the swing of things.  I have realised that I can trick my mind into thinking I am actually a better runner than I really am! I can do this by doing interval sprints. That way after 1 minute of a sprint, by the time I get back to jogging my mind says "this is WAY easier than sprinting.. I can do this for ages!". Woohoo! 

Time for work. This is my work area... I probably should organise something more permanent. but the dining table will do for now. And while I work I can look at the treadmill with pride knowing that I've used it well... (this works the other way too.. if I haven't done a run, the treadmill sits there taunting me)

Beautiful :) Sam and Teddy = best of friends who enjoy napping together. 

Look at my precious Jacob - this is the look I get when he wakes up from nap time. There is nothing more beautiful to me than seeing such a big lovely smile on my sons face. Obviously Jacob has been having some fun moving around while he waited for me to come and get him.  

Next task of the day - tidy up the patio area while Jacob supervises.  I meant to post a completed patio picture a long time ago.. so here it is :) 

Sam was still napping, while Jacob and I enjoyed some nice quiet time together. 

Intermission Note: It might look like it's all relaxing and fun here, but I have spared you all from posting pictures of me doing the dishes, laundry, nappy changes, cleaning up messes made by a toddler, more cleaning and tidying, work that has come through during the day, phone calls, dealing with unsettled kiddies etc etc! 

Dinner time


Okay, so having crayfish for dinner certainly isn't the norm! But definitely a lovely treat. :) 

So that sums up a kinda normal day in our house :) 

5 comments:

Valerie said...

WOW!!! That is the best day ever!!! I love how Mr.Sam puts on Lewy's work clothes to go to work and then he decides to come back and have brekky...super cute....Jacob has grown up heaps and he loves to supervise,,,super cute...what a very busy day from working, treadmill, patio sweeping etc...but what a treat to finish the day with a glass of white or 2 and some crayfish...ooooohhh...what a lovely day at the Rankin household!!! xoxo

ted said...

So awesome

Claire said...

Just gorgeous, every moment of it!! You make me want to Blog ;-)

Tracey said...

Claire you SHOULD blog! I'd be your #1 fan :)

Pam said...

Oh Sam is too cute all dressed for work, such a nice day.