Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 191

I meant to show this photo ages ago after I got back from my New Norcia trip... so here it is now.  This was taken when I was, I don't know 3, 4 or 5 years old? I'm the trendy one in the pink tracksuit and sandals... my parents were good friends with Father Justin who is pictured here....

I took a pic of the same spot where the original photo was taken. Even managed to get the pillar on the right in! 


So.. today. I cleaned out all the kitchen cupboards and pantry (with Sam's help, he is one great little assistant!), sanded down the plaster in the new room (that took TWO HOURS! My arms will pay for this tomorrow), had a picnic outside with the boys for lunch, made a vege dinner for me and a chicken curry meal for Lewy and the boys... and looked after a poor little Jacob who now has a cold and then took care of Lewy when he got home as he isn't well either... 
So the evening called for the doona being dragged out into the lounge and the boys all wrapped up and watched TV :)


Cheeky monkey....

And I sat back and enjoyed this..... I think I deserved it after my hard days work!!! If you are wondering what we are watching on TV... it's Gavin and Stacey - the english comedy that Lewy and I are massive fans of!!!!

Good night all and sweet dreams! xx

2 comments:

Claire said...

Oh WOW that is amazing about the photo from when you were little and then photographing the same spot!! How special is that?! :-)

What a busy day... sorry to hear that Jacob and Lewy aren't well. Me either... want to come look after me too?!! Hehe!!

Aaron and Izzie said...

That's so neat to go back to the same spot! Revisiting history! Goodness I've been gone and need to catch up on my comments... First I'm really excited to see the room when it's all finished, and I love what you did to your front and back yard! I love tidying up, what a great feeling!! You've been doing an awesome job with healthy meals, I've added lots to our menu from your blog:) I love the peacefulness you have right now, makes me take a deep breath, grab a cuppa and put on my rain CD, because we sure don't have much of that! Hope the family gets better soon!