Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 208 Gardening

I know.....I know..... let's skip over who on earth I've turned into lately .. and I'll update you on the garden! So 7.15am this morning, me and the boys were outside pruning the rose bushes. I planted the Geraldton Wax plants yesterday, and after taking a step back to look at the freshly pruned rose bushes with the new plants... it still looked bare. So by 8am we were up at the nursery chatting with staff to help me pick out some more plants.




We have a long way to go. Now that I've put the other new plants in...  I'm even more keen to fill out the garden bed and add to beauty, colour and life to the front yard. Now to wait for these babies to grow!


My neighbours came out to say Hi, stole my kids for a bit while I planted stuff... then came back out for a chat. Some other neighbours came out, and it turned into a little street party. We had quite the joke over the fact that I was in the front gardening and enjoying it... it's a rare sight in this street!

Gardener Sam

I know that my photography passion will always take over anything else... the guy at the nursery asked me what I was wanting my garden bed to look like... I told him "whatever looks good to photograph" :)

Happy day xx

1 comments:

Claire said...

Oh Trace, you're so funny!! Love it! The garden looks SO incredibly neat & tidy!