Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 207


A selection of photos from yesterday... I did well and relaxed as much as I could. I did however, quickly pop out to take the photo above (and others), go to the shops for a few bits and pieces and to get my eyebrows waxed.. which was done while I was laying on the table and Jacob sitting on my belly watching the whole situation like it was the strangest thing he had ever since.. which is probably was! But apart from that I was pretty well behaved!





Sam enjoyed daycare yesterday. When I went to pick him up, I was greeted by 'Captain Feather Sword'! Far too cute. He had wet his top so had to change, they had no spare tops and improvised by dressing him up in a pirate costume! Cutest thing I've seen. Sam thought it was the best.. and he is currently sitting watching cartoons in the costume. Something tells me I'm going to have a tough time getting him out of this outfit so I can wash it to give back to daycare next week!


My angel...


--------------

Cherry Tomato, Chicken & Bacon 

Are you thinking - 'Finally, a meat dish!' ?! Last night I went out to dinner with Lisa (more on that in a minute), so before I left I made this dish for the boys to enjoy :) 

This is seriously the easiest meal to make, especially if you want something tasty but don't want to spend ages in the kitchen. 

All you need: 
2 chicken breasts, cut in half to make 4 fillets
4 rashers of bacon
rosemary leaves
garlic clove, chopped
1 tub of cherry tomatoes, halved

1. Put the cut cherry tomatoes on the bottom of the casserole dish
2. Then lay your 4 fillets on top and sprinkle with rosemary leaves and garlic

3. Lay the bacon rashers on top ... and into the oven it goes at 180 for 40 minutes. Too easy right?!

I usually serve it with steamed broccoli and chips. This is one of Lewy's favourites :) The tomatoes and the juice really are the star of the meal.. cooked tomatoes.. yum!

Random story time.... for as long as I can remember I HATED tomatoes, didn't want a bar of them. Then I fell pregnant with Sam, and craved them. Have loved tomatoes ever since! So... thanks Sam! 



--------------

So, last night Lisa and I headed to Padburys in Guildford for dinner. We had a great time, a beautiful meal, sweet wine and chatted for 3 hours straight... oh and we also shared a Tim Tam Cheesecake for dessert... delish!  A fantastic evening!

(Thank you for introducing me to Padburys Val, this restaurant is becoming a fast favourite!)

--------------

This recipe is especially for Lisa's partner Michael :) Next time you guys are over Michael, there will be a dip platter waiting for you!

Hummus Dip

400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons Tahini Paste
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper


So simple - Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini paste, garlic and olive oil into a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper, then whiz to a paste. Done!



Tuck in!

Happy Wednesday! xx

2 comments:

Claire said...

I admit it - I did a double take when I saw "chicken" in the recipe title!! Hehe!! Awesome photos - as always - loving the new lens!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the Hommus recpie, Michael is stoked!!! Will be making it very soon!!
Love Jakey's Green jumper!! so cute!!