Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 197 Jacob's Birthday

I still can't believe my Jacob is 1 years old already. At 9pm last night, I looked at the clock and remembered that it was the exact hour 1 year before that I had my first contraction. I woke up at 4am and remembered that by that stage of labour, I was willing desperately for it to be over!!! By 6.02am, Jacob arrived and my screaming little baby was placed on my chest and I could not stop the tears. Partly from the massive relief that it was all over! but mostly because it was love at first sight and I was so happy to finally have my baby in my arms. 

The first thing I said was 'He looks just like Sam!" and the second thing I said was "He is so cute!". Jacob was a dream from the start and is still a little dream now... So placid, so quiet, so content, but with a cheeky happy smile that is totally contagious. He is a gentle little soul, but just like his big brother, he is also very curious and confident.

I was really excited to celebrate Jacob today. A special day just for him. We went with the jungle theme...



Yesterday, Sam and Lewy went out to buy Jacob a birthday present.. my instructions were to "just buy a small gift for him to open in the morning"... this is what they came home with. Boys huh! 




 

Time for the birthday cake! Sam's most favourite thing is to sing happy birthday and blow out the candles... in future years we will have to make sure he realises that when it's not your birthday you can't blow out the candles hehe luckily for this year, Jacob was happy for the help!

Gerald the Giraffe...

It was a beautiful morning, spent with family and friends... the kids all had a great time and Jacob was very happy to potter around, play with the balloons and play with the wrapping paper once his presents were opened! Happy Birthday my sweet angel... xxx

3 comments:

Jot said...

Happy birthday Jacob! Looks like a great day. :)

Claire said...

Ahhh, I'm all emotional and teary reading your post!! What a great day... everything looked fantastic, especially Gerald the giraffe! So glad Jacob had a wonderful 1st Birthday! xxx

Aaron and Izzie said...

Great party! All the food looked amazing, and what an awesome cake! You 2 do make a good team! Happy Birthday Jacob!!