Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 203


I'm a little bit run down.... how do I know? I made a coffee this morning and only had 1/2 of it... unheard of! I realised half way through it that I craved a healing cup of green tea instead...

I haven't been sleeping well this week...like I'm so tired, but when it comes to bed time, I lay there for so long with my brain active and my eyes refusing to close, that I end up getting up and playing games on my phone to pass the time. Around 12pm my body is finally ready to sleep and I drag myself to bed - then I'm up at 6am the next morning.... after a few nights of this, my body has finally decided it's unhappy with the situation and has become run down. Guess I need more than 6 hours of sleep a night to function properly!



Funny, funny weather... lots of rain drops in the garden this morning but then the sun came out and it's a beautiful warm sunny day now...

Sam went to visit our next door neighbours so I waited in our front yard and took pictures while he was away...


--------------

I did our food shopping today (my life is one big party hehe)... as I walked through into Woolies one of the staff was handing to everyone a ticket with a number on it. Every 15 minutes they called a number over the intercom and that person wins a $25 gift voucher... I WON! I WON! I never win anything!!!!! I was pretty excited :) Made my day!

--------------

I'm also excited to show you guys what I had for lunch today... it was delicious!

Jacket Potato with Caramelised Onion, Avocado and Cheese Topping. 


Put your potato into the oven to bake (don't forget to pierce it with a fork a few times and cover it lightly with oil and salt).. this should take between 40 - 60 minutes at  200. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, I actually didn't look at the clock when I put my potato in. Google tells me though, that if you stick between these times you should be right! ha!

Add to a small saucepan - 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped tomato, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon.  Simmer for the same time as it takes for your potato to bake. Man, this tastes gooooood. It's a nice contrast with the plain potato. 


Top potato with onion mix, then avocado and some grated cheese. YUM!

I was going to put mushrooms on as well... but I accidentally ate them all while the potato was baking :)

--------------

Enjoy this beautiful day all.... I'm crossing my fingers for a better sleep tonight! x

2 comments:

Aaron and Izzie said...

I hope you're fast asleep as I write this! The baked potato looks yummy:) Can't wait to try!

Claire said...

Try and get some more sleep hun!! As always, beautiful photography. Thanks for sharing your lunch - you've given me another simple lunch idea - although I'm highly unlikely to make the fancy filling!