Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 210


So after the boys went to bed early last night, I had a glass (or three) of wine, watched some TV, and went to bed early.. we all woke up feeling refreshed and back to normal... phew! We headed out bright and early to Bunnings to check out some plants and pots for the front garden. No purchases, but left with some ideas in mind.


After Jacob had his morning nap, we headed to the airport to farewell my parents who were leaving for Bali. That means that in only 7 sleeps we will be joining them... counting down the minutes!

After the airport, we headed to a park near our house for a walk around and play... then onto another nursery to check out some more plants... bought one.... another Geraldton Wax as there was an open space in the garden bed and it was annoying me :)


On the way to the nursery, I was heading to a winery first to take some photos, but changed my mind and turned down a road so I could head back to the nursery... we ended up coming across a fantastic quiet private park, with so much beautiful open space, trees around, a great playground and gorgeous flowers.... what a find! So we stopped and spent some time exploring :) We will definitely be going back again.




Photos taken at the park we found -






So we finally got home after our big day out...and my boys were so tired they fell straight asleep :)


My husband.... he is so wonderful.... so so so wonderful!  You know what I love? Not the fact that he is thoughtful to buy me special things (although this is great!).. but more so about the fact that he takes such an interest in my hobby. He doesn't just support me in my passion for photography, but he spends time learning more about my camera and talking with the staff at the camera shop, and his work colleague who is into photography and getting advice on new equipment that might help me.

Out of the blue today, he came home with some new filters for my lens. Some filters that will make a massive difference to the type of photos I enjoy taking. I was so surprised and it was completely unexpected. I felt so loved when he went on to tell me that he spent ages talking with his work colleague today, finding out about filters and then went to the camera store after work to buy some. The staff at the camera store recognise Lewy now when he goes in :) That means so much to me, that he knew it would make me happy and took such an interest... that's Lewy all over.


It's funny because Lewy knows so much more about the technical side of my camera, whereas I know about adjusting the settings to get the right effect. It got me thinking about us as a couple. That little example basically sums up how we work. Just like the camera, when it comes to computers - Lewy can build one and knows all the technical elements and about what software is needed etc.. whereas I know how to use one and use it well. I organise things, Lewy thinks outside the box.....

Our differences are what makes us a perfect match. Lewy is logic .. I am heart. So when I am stressing out, worried, anxious and over analysing.... Lewy comes along with his logic and sorts me out.  He is positive, happy and easy going... and I need those wonderful things in my life. On the other side.. my heart thinks big.. and wants to travel, to experience new things and take on new projects, so I often come up with new and exciting things for Lewy and I do, which he probably wouldn't do normally... we mesh well together:) He's my best friend .... so it's a good thing we got married!







Happy days xxxxx

1 comments:

Claire said...

What a wonderfully gorgeous post!!! You know, I thought your original photos were amazing (which they were!), but that new lens of yours really makes a big difference! The one of Jacob walking on the grass is just beautiful!

Lewy... what a man, infinite brownie points for him!! What wonderful husband you have :-)