Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 200

DAY 200!!! Wow! 200 days have gone by surprisingly quickly.. I love updating my blog every day, it's like my little connection to the outside world! Thanks to you all for hanging in there! I love when you comment - it brings the connection even closer! You guys are the best!

So it's 9.49am.. I'm sitting outside with my coffee, some toast with peanut butter... (and jam).. I know, I know.. so healthy! :) My boys are pottering around the back yard and I'm taking some time out to update the blog while my brain is active!

It's been a busy morning already...now that the party planning and birthday is over, my sights are set on our Bali holiday coming up in 17 days!!! I think in my mind I'm actually already sitting by the pool with a cocktail in my hand :) I had some last minute things to take care of this morning for our trip, finalising details with the travel agent etc etc, so now all we have to do is excitedly wait until we fly out!

In 17 days... this is where we'll be! (Photos courtesy of Val, who went to visit our hotel to take some pictures to show us while she was in Bali a week ago!)






-----------------------

My Dad took this photo at the beach near his house... I love it so thought I would share it! I really love photos that are taken at ground level. 


-----------------------

Well.... it's now 3.00pm and I'm sitting outside, with my laptop, having a coffee while the boys are playing.... Don't worry - I haven't been sitting here all day being lazy! 

Instead.....

we went on a spontaneous adventure! After I wrote the first part of this post this morning...the sun was shining, the weather stunning....I thought it would be such a shame to waste it by staying home. So we packed a bag and headed to the Cuddly Animal Farm in the Swan Valley!



As it's the school holidays here, it was very busy.. but that was okay, we still managed to have a good time and spend some quality time with the animals hehe. We paid for a pony ride for Sam, but we unfortunately had to get a refund as the line was so long that it would have taken way too long to get to our turn.

I liked this enclosure the best, as the boys could pat and interact with the sheep and goats... check out Jacob in the background.. he wants to grab that sheep and nothing is going to get in his way!

Watch your tail buddy...

Jacob loved these little guys... I think he liked that he was finally taller than someone else! 

Awww big hugs :)  

The bouncy castle... where all the big kids come out to attack the little ones. Fun and games.... Sam is such a tough cookie, I happened to look in and see this boy come up and give Sam an almighty shove which sent him tumbling over... I watched (secretly wanting to run in and scoop my little guy up and smother him in hugs)... Sam got up, came over to me and said "that boy pushed me"... and went back to bouncing around. Ha! 


Jacob enjoyed looking at the ducks... 

Precious angel... 

We had a little incident... as there were so many people around, when they announced bottle feeding time... a huge rush of people swamped the area. Unfortunately, I was putting Jacob in the pram and Sam got lost in the crowd as they pushed through... poor Sam, I was walking around calling him (my heart was about to jump out of my body it was beating so hard)... and I found him standing still by a fence watching everyone walk past with his bottom lip quivering. Oh my goodness.... I hugged him like I was never going to let him go. He didn't let me out of his sight for the rest of the outing. 

After we got over our little scare.. Sam finally made it through the waiting line to have a go at feeding the lamb. So cute :) 


We had a turn on the tractor/train ride... yes that is my knee all squished in the carriage that is made for children not adults! Sam didn't want me to leave him, so we all jumped in! Jacob loved it and enjoyed the ride too :) 

Time for ice cream.. it actually got a bit hot being out in the sun in the middle of the afternoon. What strange weather we are having! One day it's pouring with rain and cold all day, next we have gorgeous sunshine! 

While I was taking this photo, you can see Jacob in the background with his hand in a bucket.. he was taking some lettuce out (from someone else's bucket) and trying to eat it!!! 

We had a lovely, although quite eventful, outing! I'm glad we went, it was fun and the boys really enjoyed it :)

-----------------

For dinner tonight, I went the easy option and pulled this yummy pizza out of the freezer.... delish! Basil, mozzarella & capsicum. We also had a mushroom one that had lots of yummy stuff on it too.

And to finish off a great day... I'm going to watch this tonight...

Right, I think I've gone overboard with today's post! Hope you all had a wonderful day.. sweet dreams xxxx

1 comments:

Claire said...

Great post! I loved the (and jam) in tiny letters hehehe!! Your resort in Bali looks incredible, I bet you can't wait - so jealous!!

I am -DREADING- the first time I lose Hannah. I can only begin to imagine how it must feel :-( So glad he was safe and sound though!